Happy new year

TW: alcohol and slight spice at the end.

Heather watched as Frida tried, and failed, to tie her tie.

She saw how frustrated her girlfriend was getting and walked up to her and took the tie off her so she wouldn't break it.

"Thanks," Frida said and let Heather tie it.

"You look very handsome in the suit," Heather said and finished up with the tie.

"Thank you," Frida said and wrapped an arm around her.

"How are you feeling?" Heather asked and rubbed her arms.

"Trying to find the will to live," Frida said before locking eyes with her. "Oh look, I just found it."

Heather chuckled a little before she looked back up at Frida.

"Could you please pass me my bag?" Frida suddenly asked.

Heather walked over to her bag and brought it over. Frida took it and searched through it before she found what looked like a case for glasses, which was what it was.

Frida surprised Heather by taking out a pair of square glasses and putting them on.

"Since when do you need glasses?" Heather asked. She didn't complain though, Frida looked amazing with them on.

"For a long time. My dad is trying to get them laser fixed," Frida said.

"Hm," Heather said and looked at Frida again before kissing her. "You look good with your glasses on."

"Thank you," Frida said and kissed her forehead. "You look very beautiful in your dress by the way."

"Thank you, love," Heather said and took her hand and dragged her down the stairs.

Downstairs, Drago, Ruby, and the kids were all dressed up.

"So, we won't be leaving the house. Cillerbringer is terrified of loud noises, I am guessing so is the puppy, and I know Frida is," Ruby said.

Heather looked over at Frida and saw her fiddling with her fingers.

"But that doesn't mean we won't have fun. The neighborhood always fires fireworks and we have a lot of food and games to play," Ruby said and clapped her hands.

"And in case things get really boring," Drago said and placed his arm around Ruby's waist. "We have some alcoholic beverages for the ones of age. None for kids and pregnant women."

Heather groaned.

"I am turning 21 next year," she said with a sigh.

"Oh, well, I believe we can pull a few strings if Frida promises to take care of you," Drago said and scratched his beard.

"I'll take care of you if you get drunk," Frida said and kissed her cheek.

"Heather, you wouldn't mind helping me with the last food preparations would you?" Ruby asked.

"Of course not!" Heather said and followed Ruby into the kitchen. "Why are we preparing so much food again?" Heather asked as they were halfway into the food making.

"Drago eats a lot, just like the kids. Frida doesn't eat very much but I try every time she comes over. I eat a decent amount of food, and will probably begin to eat more," Ruby said and tapped her belly on the last statement.

"I am happy for you," Heather said with a smile.

"Do you want a family when you are older?"

"Oh!" Heather said, surprised by the question. "Well, I do. I never really thought about it, but I do. I guess I've always wanted one. I always wanted kids and a wife."