Frida

TW: mention of abuse, Grimmel.

Hope you enjoy this chapter.

Frida POV

Frida sat in the car and looked out the window. She was pretty sure she just blew any chance she had at getting friends.

She was weird, she knew that. People didn't like weird, and what would make these people different.

Frida was mostly mad that she had possibly blown her chance with the extremely attractive girl with black hair and gorgeous green eyes.

She had had a girlfriend back where they used to live. Freya. Her father mostly made them move from there because he found out about her late-night make-out sessions with the other girl. There had been... Other reasons as well for their departure, but that was the one her father often told.

"Miss Frida."

Frida snapped out of her thought and looked at her open door. She climbed out and took her crutch which the chauffeur held out to her. She walked behind the man into the big apartment building which belonged to her father.

The moment she entered the lobby she was met with a wet tongue against her face and two paws on her shoulders.

"Shadow!" She laughed as she fell to the ground while her big, white, fluffy, wolf-dog was vigorously licking her face.

He was running in circles around her while barking happily, occasionally stopping to lick her cheek.

"Frida."

Her smile immediately vanished and Shadow whined as he hid behind her.

"Hello father," she said, still sitting on the ground.

Grimmel came in walking gracefully as always with his hands behind his back and, wearing a black turtleneck accompanied by a pair of dark blue jeans and black Firenze shoes. His short white hair was neatly styled back and he was probably wearing various expensive rings on his fingers.

"That is no way for a young woman to act," he said coldly.

Frida struggled to get up from the floor by herself. She tried her best to do it without hurting herself too much. She failed.

When she finally stood up straight, supporting herself on her crutch, her leg was throbbing in pain. She tried her best to not make any faces, she didn't want to give her father that satisfaction.

"How was the new school?" He asked.

"Pleasant so far. I got a tour of the campus by a pair of lovely people. One of them was the son of the mayor here," she said. She tried to keep most of the details out.

"Good," Grimmel said. "Keep yourself close to the people in power. And no girls."

Frida grimly nodded and kept her head down.

"How about friends, who are girls?" Frida asked. She was terrified of how he would react to her asking this.

"... I guess, that is alright," he said after a pause.

Frida let out a breath. She was almost certain she would receive a beating from the leather belt around his waist.

"Go to your room," he said, his tone left no room for discussion. Though he did walk over to her to give her a small kiss on the forehead.

Frida nodded, took her backpack, and walked over to the elevator with Shadow trailing closely behind her. She pressed the number 94 and watched as the doors closed slowly, her father starting at her.