Can't Fight This Feeling (29)

"I can't fight this feeling any longer
And yet, I'm still afraid to let it flow
What started out as friendship, has grown stronger
I only wish I had the strength to let it show"

-Jk -

Summer came fast, like music turned to full volume. The sky blazed blue and mornings became a rippling celebration of yellow. The green leaves swelled to the occasion, donning their best immortal hues, bathed in floral aromas. Bangtan had arrived in Kota Kinablu for the shooting of their summer package.

"This is most sunshine I've had in 5 years", Yoongi grinned as they arrived at the poolside.

The shoot began with Jhope and Jimin's unit.

Jeongguk sat by the poolchairs with Namjoon and Jin, as the elder two talked about a couple almost their age sitting on the other side of the pool.

"They look cute together, it must be nice to have a girlfriend, I wonder when will I find one", Jin sighed.

"What happened to the one you were already talking to?", Namjoon asked.

Jin scoffed, "They sneak a peek of that god awful NDA and the rest is history."

"But no harm in admiring, or meeting as long as the company doesn't find out," Namjoon winked. "Oh, look at that girl in the pink dress, she is pretty cute don't you think?"

"No, I think her friend looks better"

"The one with the yellow shirt?"

"Yes that one"

Jeongguk too, looked in the direction where his hyungs were looking. A bunch of girls stood at the entrance of the poolside, with their flowly hair, tanned legs, and sunglasses on their eyes.

He looked at hyungs who were fascinated by them, he could literally see the heart emoji in Jin's eyes, but Jeongguk still felt nothing. He looked back at those girls again, with a severely bored expression on his face.

"Ah Jeongguka, which one do you like?" Jin asked the maknae.

"Mwo?"

"Yeah tell us, hyungs should also know who their maknae likes," Namjoon grinned taking a sip out of his fancy ass drink, with a small umbrella on top of it.

Jeongguk turned again towards the girls looking for a made up answer,
"I uh- I like- oh- Taehyungie hyung-"

"Mwo? Taehyungie hyung?" Jin's eyesbrows furrowed, "What do you mean?"

But Jeongguk was pretty far away in his thoughts to answer Jin. He had been genuinely looking at the girls, hoping to find any one of them attractive, and before he could, Kim Taehyung walked down from the poolside entrance, and girls?

What girls?

All Jeongguk saw was him.

His brown fair fell perfectly on his forehead, as he kept his hands casually in his pockets and walked nonchalantly, his yellow shorts riding up with every step he took making the maknae's heart thump wildly.

Jeongguk did not want his eyes to linger on the elder's supple tan legs for too long, even though they very much wanted to linger. He looked away and gulped as Taehyung got closer. He had managed a truce with his emotions after the day Taehyung got drunk again. He realised there was no escaping this, he couldn't ignore the elder forever, and he couldn't see the sad puppy eyes he made when Jeongguk was not talking to him.