(5) Have my heart

"You have my heart
And we'll never be worlds apart
Maybe in magazines
But you'll still be my star
Baby, 'cause in the dark
You can't see shiny cars
And that's when you need me there
With you I'll always share"

- Jk -

2012 arrived in style.

Tumbled down the stairs kinda style.

Practices got longer. Vocals lessons got harder. And the fear of getting cut off still lingered in every trainee's mind.

Their dorm mostly remained a mess, clothes scattered around, stacks of shoes on top of another, and socks left around in every location.

More times than one, Jeongguk had stepped out wearing two different socks, picking up whichever he could find from the laundry basket.

They rarely got time to put the washed clothes inside, so Yoongi got the idea to buy another laundry basket to put the clean clothes in.

Pure genius, Min Yoongi.

Apart from socks, nobody could share Jeongguk's clothes.

He had a thing.

He didn't share.

Presently, he was sprawled on the floor, leaning back on the cushions propped up on the wall, a blanket underneath him, glued to his phone, a multiplayer game running, fingers tapping continously.

Taehyung sat beside him, phone in his hand, playing against Jeongguk.

They had been playing since the past hour.

Jeongguk had returned from practice at midnight, Taehyung with him. He had fallen into a habit of walking back with elder. If he was relieved early, he waited for Taehyung, and Taehyung did the same.

The walk back to the dorm was hardly ten minutes, but those ten minutes had become a little sacred for Jeongguk. During which Taehyung mostly babbled about the day or pestered Jeongguk into telling him about himself and his life.

And Jeongguk liked the pestering.

It felt liberating to talk about the things he liked and the things that bothered him, but someone had to coax it out of him.

To call Taehyung an extrovert would be like calling banks greedy. Every fibre of his being craved maximum attention. Jeongguk was sure he was a flower in full bloom since birth. His chocolate-coloured eyes were always wide, and his laughter, loud and full-bodied. He exuded a warmth that others flocked to.

Taehyung usually became the beating heart of every group he was ever in. But Jeongguk soon realised he wasn't just a raw extrovert. There was a softer side to him. Even with the quietest of people, he was able to forge a connection. It was like he could turn his dial right down whenever the need arose.

It seemed like Taehyung would never shut up, but when Jeongguk talked, he listened. He did not only listen, he gave him suggestions, solutions, and some weird ideas, and if Jeongguk could not figure out what to do, he could mostly conclude what not to do.

Some would call this friendship.

Jeongguk thought so, too.

Kim Taehyung had become his friend.

What an eerie outcome.

"Hey!" Taehyung protested, straightening up. "You can't do that!"

Jeongguk chuckled. "Can't do what, hyung? Beat you in a game?"