(1) Lonely place

"There I was again tonight
Forcing laughter, faking smiles
Same old tired, lonely place
Walls of insincerity, shifting eyes and vacancy
Vanished when I saw your face
All I can say is, it was enchanting to meet you"

- Jk -

The streets of Nonhyeon Dong were painted with the brilliant hues of an early sunday morning in June. Jeon Jeongguk stood with a backpack and his suitcases at the door of a small apartment complex. He bit his lip, fingers pulling and pushing the straps of his bag.

This was it.

A moment later, the door opened to a striking young boy, who seemed to be in his late teens.

"Ah, you must be the new trainee," the boy smiled. Jeongguk immediately bowed and introduced himself. "Nice to meet you Jeonggukshi, come on in, I am Jung Hoseok."

The morning summer sun filled the apartment with the warmth of those brilliant rays, albeit there was not much space to fill. The living room, or was that the dining room? Or maybe multipurpose, was joined by a small kitchen, and another door stood beside it.

The bedroom, probaby.

Two other boys sat on the stools near the kitchen counter, one of whom immediately reminded Jeongguk of a dumpling. The other guy, who was clad only in his boxers, got up and came over to help Jeongguk with his luggage.

Except that kind person was Kim Namjoon, aka Rapmonster, in the flesh... and also very naked.

Jeongguk gulped and averted his eyes.

"Oh, nice to meet you Jeonggukshi," Namjoon smiled, hauling the luggage inside. He puts on a T-shirt lying near the shelf. "I already met him with PD nim," he said to Yoongi, "Talented kid."

Jeongguk let out a shy smile, Namjoon was partially the reason he had decided to work with BigHit. When the 14-year-old had laid eyes on Namjoon, he had been completely bowled over by his muscles- ahem- personality, yeah- personality.

"Nice to meet all of you." Jeongguk mumbled, pulling the ends of his shirt.

This was the first time he was away from his home with unfamiliar people, all alone. Talking and blending in with the unknown always seemed daunting for him. His hyung back home used to tease the life out of him for his shyness.
And while Jeongguk had been frustrated with his elder sibling all his life, now that he was away, he kinda missed him.

He shuddered at the thought.

Jeongguk sometimes wished he could have an overly extrovert friend, whom he could use as a human shield, just throw him in front of himself whenever somebody started talking to him.

"Here, let me show you to our room," Hoseok guided the younger to the door beside the kitchen. "So, this is our bedroom, it is just the four of us in this dorm at the moment, the other trainess are in the other dorms."

Hoseok's smile was like liquid sunshine, seeping warmth into Jeongguk's being. And he smelled ridiculously good. Good-smelling things and people immediately earned brownie points in his judgment.

"You can wash up and settle your things, the bathroom is that way," Hoseok pointed to a door in the bedroom. "This bunk is Yoongi's," he pointed to one lower bunk and then to the other, "and that one is mine. And Namjoon sleeps on the single bed." He turned to face Jeongguk. "You can take up whichever one you like, but I guess the lower one would be more convenient?"