018.

✦ ༉‧₊˚⋆˚( ᵖᵉʳᶠᵉᶜᵗ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ )˚⁺✧₊˚.*♡

🍦— 018

🍦— 018. end of the summer.

IT FELT SO WEIRD FOR the rest of the summer to be so normal.

The daily activities continued: archery, rock climbing, pegasus riding. They played capture the flag ( though they all avoided Zeus's Fist ), sang at the campfire and raced chariots and played practical jokes on the other cabins. Vivi spent time with her siblings and got to know the new girl, Freya, that was currently still unclaimed but happy she had people like herself around her.

Vivi and Percy spent some time around each other, making it up for the years they lost when Vivi moved away. Annabeth was also around the pair and both Vivi and Percy wanted to talk about Kronos, but that was a sensitive topic right now.

July passed, with fireworks on the beach on the Fourth. August turned so hot the strawberries started baking in the fields. Finally, the last day of camp arrived. The standard form letter appeared on Vivi's bed after breakfast, warning her that the cleaning harpies would devour her if she stayed past noon. Good to give someone nightmares.

At ten o'clock Vivi and Percy stood on the top of Half-Blood Hill, waiting for the camp van that would take them into the city. Percy'd made arrangements to leave Mrs. O'Leary at camp, where Chiron promised she'd be looked after. Tyson and Percy would take turns visiting her during the year. 

Annabeth said she'd arranged to stay at camp a little longer. She would tend to Chiron until his leg was fully recovered, and keep studying Daedalus's laptop, which had engrossed her for the last two months. Then she would head back to her father's place in San Francisco.

"There's a private school out there that I'll be going to," she said. "I'll probably hate it, but. . ." she shrugged.

"If you need a girls night," Vivi said, "Just Iris-message me."

"Be sure to get a lot of those," Annabeth said, "in the mean time, I'll keep my eyes open for. . ."

There it was again. Luke. She couldn't even say his name without opening up a huge box of hurt and worry and anger.

"Annabeth," Percy said. "What was the rest of the prophecy?"

She fixed her eyes on the woods in the distance, but she didn't say anything.

"You shall delve in the darkness of the endless maze," Percy remembered. "The dead, the traitor, and the lost one raise. We raised a lot of the dead. We saved Ethan Nakamura, who turned out to be a traitor. We raised the spirit of Pan, the lost one."