003.

✦ ༉‧₊˚⋆˚( ᵖᵉʳᶠᵉᶜᵗ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ )˚⁺✧₊˚.*♡

🍦— 003

🍦— 003. they fall into a hole ( literally )

"RIGHT," Quintus said, standing on the head dining table. "Gather' round."

He was dressed in black leather and bronze. In the torchlight, his gray hair made him look like a ghost. Mrs. O'Leary bounded happily around him, foraging for dinner scraps.

"You will be in teams of two," Quintus announced. When everybody started talking and trying to grab their friends, he yelled: "Which have already been chosen!"

Everybody complained and let out protests. Vivi looked around at all the campers. She really wanted to be paired with one of her siblings, or Percy, or Annabeth, or any unclaimed kids that she grew to love and care as her own siblings. There was one Vivi adored the most ( don't let the others hear her ) ─ Louise Kang. She was a lovely girl, always by herself or in presence of her cat she named Red, although, Vivi found something weird about the creature. Louise, or how she liked people to call her, Isa, had ran away from home five years ago, when she was nine. One night, the younger girl was having a nightmare and woke Vivi up and asked to sleep in her bed with her. And how could Vivi say no to those puppy eyes that were staring at her. Later, Isa started opening up to Vivi, and Vivi only. She asked Vivi to train with her, to do her hair and help her study. In less then a week, the two were like mother and daughter duo.

"Your goal is simple: collect the gold laurels without dying. The wreath is wrapped in a silk package, tied to the back of one of the monsters. There are six monsters. Each has a silk package. Only one holds the laurels. You must find the wreath before the other teams. And, of course. . . you will have to slay the monster to get it, and stay alive."

The crowd started murmuring excitedly. The task sounded pretty straight forward. Vivi didn't trust that.

"I will now announce your partners," Quintus said. "There will be no trading. No switching. No complaining."

"Aroooof!" Mrs. O'Leary buried her face in a plate of pizza. Quintus produced a big scroll and started reading off names. Beckendorf would be with Silena Beauregard, which Beckendorf looked pretty happy about. Travis and Connor would be together ( lucky ). Clarisse was with Lee Fletcher from the Apollo cabin ─ melee and ranged combat combined, they would be a tough combo to beat. 

"Annabeth Chase and George Yoo," Quintus called out

The pair looked at each other, before breaking an eye contact. George moved over to stand next to Annabeth, and Vivi could see the way her best friend's face brightened at the closeness with son of Ares.