Chapter 31: Intuition

Start from the beginning

"I... have no one."

Why... does it feel like he's hiding something? It's the same with Kyou...

Wait.

The feeling of being the only one clueless... Er... Gosh. It can't be. Or also can be.

My brain cells were fighting inside my mind. The only brain cell left would be the one to decide my conclusion.

... Therefore, I conclude that... I'm just overthinking it.

No way in heck that both Lev and Kyou would like me. No way... But... Ugh.

"Lev, do you have some water or refreshments?"

"None. Since you dragged me here out of nowhere."

"Good grief..."

"Have another problem?" he asked.

"... Just thirsty."

"Let's go back then."

"R-right."

He stood up and I also did. Glancing at the sky that began to darken, street lights also lit up one by one.

Lev, having those lights as background, unusually stood out in my eyes... There's a single question that came to my mind:

What if... he does like me..?

"Miss Arjera, are you overthinking again?"

A hand suddenly blocked my sight.

"Er... Wait. Hah?!" I tried to shove his hand away but I was too weak.

This man..!

"Hey, let go."

After blocking my sight, he released my eyes and then went straight to back hug. It's fine, I'm used to it now.

"Do you want to go home now?"

"Ah, yes. I shall go back to my parents--"

"They already left."

"..."

"They already--"

"Yes, I heard you. But why?"

"They told me to fetch you since Mom Arjera has an appointment for a check-up."

"O-oh... I see." Will he actually... call our family Miss Arjera, Brother Arjera, Mom Arjera, and Dad Arjera?

Anyway, even though Mom had an appointment, they still came to watch our play. I have a nice family...

"Hey, Kyou Zeyern. Since when did you have a habit of clinging to Myle?"

"... oh."

His eye twitched.
"Don't 'oh' me, you sticky rice!"

Kyou immediately let go of me.
"Oh, right. It's like sexual harassment." Should I be at least glad that he's aware of that?

Actually... his arms were slightly hot. How long will his fever last..?

"Let's go," I spoke up.

We walked to where Lev's van was parked. Eris, Claus, Ms. Ayuri, Zou, and Ms. Anna have already gone ahead. I just noticed but I felt like having two bodyguards beside me. Lev looked serious while Kyou kept on smiling at me. I'm... probably overthinking things again.

"Can you drive?" Lev asked, showing his keys to Kyou.

"Hm... Yeah."

"Okay. But I'll still drive."

"Oh, alright."

"..." Lev glared at him. "At least fight back!"

Kyou shrugged with a wry smile.
"Why? I'm tired and I don't feel that well. Do you want your car to sway-sway, being folded into 8 pieces?"

... Gosh. What's wrong with the atmosphere? Maybe I should've taken a taxi.

Lev already sat in the driver's seat while Kyou and I were in the backseat. My arms shivered because of the air conditioner. Moreover, it's night and windy. I might accidentally fall asleep. Glancing at Kyou, I wondered how he was doing when.... he wrapped a jacket around me.

It's warm...

My eyes were close-opening, trying my best to stay awake. But of course, it's impossible. I gave in, leaning my head on his shoulder. I finally rested properly.

What a long day...

*Beep beep!* My ear caught this sound about 100 times. No, it's an exaggeration. 5 times perhaps?

"... Oh my gosh!" I opened my eyes, pulling my head away from a shoulder.

"Good morning, Miss Arjera!"

"Hey, you should've woke me up!"

"But you're tired..."

"You're also tired."

"But I also slept!"

"Er... Stop with 'buts!"

"You two, stop. Just get out of my car, I need to go home now." It's a van.

"Yes, Sir Lev! Have a safe trip!" I pulled the van's door to the side, holding Kyou's hand. "Let's go!"

I stepped out and then pulled him out. Lev waved his hand to us then went ahead.

Now, Kyou... Pfft-- He's still yawning.

"You're laughing, Miss Arjera, I can sense it." His eyes were about to close.

"Hahahahah! Do you want me to flick your forehead to wake your soul?"

"Yes, please." He closed his eyes, leaning his face forward. So he's serious about it!

I formed a three sign with my right hand and then pointed it at Kyou.

"Er... Here I go..."

As I was about to flick his precious forehead, he suddenly grabbed my hand.
"I've changed my mind, Miss Arjera."

"Eh?"

"Save it for when we meet again."

When we meet again? ... That means--

"I'll leave tomorrow to Alguna for a check-up. I found out from my uncle that there's a doctor that might prevent my blindness... I don't want to be away from you again but--"

"It's fine!" I interrupted. "I'm sure that we'll meet again. What's more important is your health so... I hope your check-up will go well."

He stared at me with a worried look. I didn't understand at first until he spoke up.
"I really... don't want to go..."

"Er... But, Kyou--"

"But Miss Arjera," he continued. "You've heard it before... I don't plan on letting you marry a man who's about to go blind..."

The moment he said that... my intuitions had become clear.

I'm not overthinking things but... what should I do?

His hands gently held my cheeks, the same as what happened back in the play. He did it again... It's the third time that he marked my forehead with his lips.

It's real this time. Not from sickness, not from a script...

I'm certain now... about his feelings.

For the last time, he smiled.
"The next time we meet, it won't just be on your forehead anymore."