Famliar

~~Your Pov~~

"Ha ha! I win!" I grin as I set down my last card in our game of uno.

"Ugh, that's the third time! Shake out your clothes, prove to me you're not just hiding your cards!" Jeff protests with a huff.

"Y/N is just lucky today," Ben laughs, collecting the cards and shuffling them.

"Oh! I gotta go!" I cry when a pentagram appears at my feet.

I teleport where the pentagram takes me, my eyes widening when I find myself in the mountains Gabriel had brought me too. I look around and several of the smoke wolves come out of the rocks. I kneel down to seem less threatening, looking around for whatever the problem is. Suddenly, a wolf comes limping towards me and settles down in my lap. My eyes widen at its condition, the rest of the wolves sitting around me. A wolf that glows steps through the crowd of wolves and settles shy my side. It lies down and rests its head on the neck of the injured wolf.

"So, you became a guardian," I say, gently petting the glowing wolf. It has intricate designs all over its body, clearly here to take care of its pack. "I'm sorry he killed you and I couldn't save you. You should have lived a long and happy life with your pack."

"You're so gentle with all of these creatures," A voice comments my weapon instantly materializing in my hand as I glare at the angel that appears. "Don't worry, I'm not here to harm anyone or anything," He says, walking past the wolves and then sitting down in front of me.

I still throw up a barrier to protect all of the wolves, not wanting a repeat of Gabriel. I've met this angel before but I don't really remember his name. It's been a long time and I try to avoid angels where I can. I block his hand when he reaches for the injured wolf in my lap, a low growl leaving me. He pulls back and holds up his hands to appear less threatening as he chuckles.

"Why are you here? Did she get injured by you just so you could summon me here?" I demand with a growl.

"I am not Gabriel. Humans are the cause of her injuries. Are you able to heal her?" The angel asks.

I nod my head and press my hand against the injured wolf. I concentrate my attic and the wounds on the wolf heal. She lets out a happy wine and then licks my face, a soft chuckle leaving me. "You're welcome dear. Try to stay out of trouble again."

"Gabriel is being punished for what he's done to you. I'm Raphael, I've come to offer our sincerest apologies for Gabriel's actions. I have come to offer you a gift," He explains, my eyes narrowing in suspicion. "Of course you'd be defensive over all of this. I understand I don't blame you. What Gabriel did is unforgivable and he won't be doing it again."

"How can you promise that?" I ask him. "He's a strong angel Raphael. Hoe can you possible assure me he'll never attack me again?"

"I would like to offer my protection. I'm a guardian angel after all. I can't promise he'll never try again, but I can promise my support should he do so," Raphael explains. "I am one of the top angels after all."

I bite my lip at his words, considering his offer. Gabriel could come back. He's obsessive and I don't think any kind of punishment is going to make him forget about me. However, having another angel to help should he return would be a tremendous advantage. I still worry. What kind of motivation could this angel have in return for him protecting me?

"What are you wanting in return?" I ask him with narrowed eyes. "What's in it for you?"

"Your happiness," Raphael tells me.

"My happiness?" I ask him.

"Indeed. I'm sure you've noticed. Your magic grows stronger every time you protect these creatures. Your happiness is part of the fuel for my magic after all," Raphael explains. "Magic from a guardian angel is a special kind of fuel."