"Wanna take these to E.J. while I clean up?" I ask, offering her a plate with an assortment of cupcakes we've made. "See what he thinks?"

"YES!" She chirps accepting the plate before hurrying away.

I smile and begin kitchen cleanup, getting everything wiped up and put away before I turn to the sink full of dishes in the soapy water. I begin washing what I couldn't fit in the dishwasher and placing it on the drying rack. I hum softly to the music on the radio as I work, reaching my hand into the soapy water to grab the next item.

"FUCK!" I shout when I cut my hand on a knife, the soapy water stinging as I jerk my hand from the sink. Dammit. That hurt!

I quickly turn on the faucet and rinse off my hand before grabbing a dish towel to hold to my hand as it bleeds. Shit, I think I cut it pretty deep.

"We have to go!" Sally cries when she comes running in, grabbing my good hand and pulling me to the mansion door.

"Sally? What's going on?" I cry as I stumble after her.

"E.J. smelled your blood. He's coming after you!"
She cries. "We need to go!"

I nod and follow her out of the mansion and into the woods. Sally holds my good hand tight as we run, zigzagging through the forest to throw off E.J.

"Hold on," I say, pulls her to a stop. I toss down the dish towel and then lead her a ways away, wiping my blood on a tree.

Once I've spread the smell of my blood in a circle I use mud and dirt to cover the bleeding cut. I only hope it doesn't get infected. Once that's done me and Sally continue to run, just in case my trick doesn't work. After a while we both stop, hard pants leaving the both of us.

"I think we lost him," She pants as we lean up against a tree.

"For now at least," I assure her. "You okay?"

"I'm sorry," She breathes, tears filling her eyes. "I should have talked to daddy."

"Sally," I breathe, grabbing her chin and lifting it so she looks at me. "It's okay. We all thought it would be okay. Plus, Slender wasn't willing to listen to any of us. We'll let him calm down and then head back."

"We're going to be in so much trouble," She whimpers softly.

"Nothing we can't handle," I assure her with a gentle smile. "It'll be okay. We'll be okay."

~~Eyeless Jack's (E.J.) Pov~~

Shit! I knew I should have told Slender no to the whole watching the human and Sally thing. I haven't gone out for fresh kidneys in ages. There's plenty in the freezer and fridge but I want fresh ones. I haven't gone out in a while thanks to my job and now I have all of this pent up energy! Everyone else has left, taking Slender's absence to mean a day of unhinged fun wherever it is they decided to go.

"Sally?" I ask when I open my door after her soft knock.

"E.J.! We're gonna make cupcakes! Wanna join?"
She asks with an excited smile.

"I can't. Listen, if I stay in my room can you take care of Y/N and tell Slender I helped? I'm so pent up and I'm worried I'm going to try something," I explain.

"Why don't you just sneak out? We'll be fine an hour or two," She smiles. "I won't tell."

"I can't," I grimace. "You know how Slender can be."

"Okay! I'll bring you some cupcakes!" She grins. "It'll be okay!"

"Thank you. You're the best little sister," I grin behind my mask. "If you need anything or there's an emergency tell me."

"'Kay!" She smiles.

I nod and return to my room, lighting a bunch of candles in hopes I don't smell Y/N. I should have said no, but when Slender said it's either I watch Y/N and Sally, or watch Sally while Y/N is caged up, I chose the first option. I'm not going to let her be trapped in a cage just because I was too stupid to go hunting. I plop down on my bed with a heavy sigh, grabbing a book to read to pass the time. I just need to last until someone else comes home and then we can swap. No no big deal. Sally is taking care of Y/N and vice versa, so I shouldn't need to worry.

"E.J.! I brought cupcakes!" Sally chirps after a few hours, knocking on his door. "I made kidney ones."

"You didn't have to. Chocolate would have been just fine," I chuckle, opening my door. "Those smell amazing."

"Y/N helped! She's really good at this," Sally chirps with a smile. "I had no idea meat cupcakes could taste so good!"

"Woah, neither did I!" I cry in surprise after biting into the cupcake. "She's got a talent."

"FUCK!" We both hear Y/N cry, the smell of fresh blood seeming to flood over me.

I barely register the sound of Sally's plate smashing to the ground but I do see her run, a low growl leaving me as all logic flies out the window. I dart after her, following her and Y/N out the door of the mansion when Sally guides her to run. I can see the blood seeping through a piece of cloth on Y/N's hand, feeling my mouth water at the sight.

"Don't run! I'll catch you regardless!" I bark out as I stumble after them.

I'm not sure how long we run, but to my surprise I lose Sally and Y/N. Hard pants leave me as I come to a stop after being sent around in a circle. I can smell blood around me but it's a mix of old and new blood. Odd, we must be near a killing ground. I groan when I can't seem to pinpoint anything, whirling around as I try to focus. Nothing. Where the hell did they go?! A groan leaves me as I try to focus. Damn it. I need food. I need to get my hands on something! Slender is going to murder me when he gets back.