Chapter 7: the parents

NOBODY'S POV:

Saturday night rolled around. Camila stared out the bus window at the trees barely light. The sun was going down and they had just finished a meet in Nevada. They were two hours away from the college.

Dinah nudge Camila's shoulder "don't be such a loser, mila. Let's go have a couple drinks at the bar. On me" dinah smiled.

Camila sighed "fine. One beer" camila held up a finger.

"Why are you so bummed about the pictures, dude? People delete stuff all the time. She deleted a couple pictures of her a normani. And it's been like three days" dinah rolled her eyes and raised an eyebrow at the slightly older cuban.

"Because... she probably thought I would never see her again? I don't know dinah... it just hurts a little" camila crossed her arms over her head and snuck into her seat even more.

When dinah didn't say anything. Camila glanced over to see her on her phone typing away with a sly smirk. Narrowing her eyes, camila suspected something. "What are you doing?"

"Asking lauren" dinah said casually.

Camila's eyes doubled in size. She pushed herself straight up on the seat and reached over to snatch dinah's phone away "no you are not!" Camila said loudly.

No one on the bus paid much attention to them. Everyone was being loud and in their own conversation.

"To late." Dinah pulled her phone away from the cuban that was trying to climb her for a phone.

"Dinah! Why would you do that? She's gonna think-" camila started.

Dinah cut her off "don't worry. I didn't tell her you asked. I simply put 'why have you deleted all of our high school memories on your insta?'. She won't suspect it's from you. Plus it's a Saturday night and she's probably at a party" dinah shrugged her shoulder setting a hand on camila arm that layed between them.

Camila groaned, she tossed her small blanket she brought over her head and sunk down to her seat.

-

"I swear to god all of the teachers are wanting us to fail" lauren huffed looking down at her homework for math class.

Normani shrugged her shoulders and leaned on the kitchen counter "math is easy, english is were it's hard. I have to write an essay for next friday!"

Lauren sat across from her friend on a stool. She groaned out loud and set her head on her book "I hate that we are studying on a Saturday night"

"It's the schools fault don't blame us" normani mumbled bitting down on an apple.

Lauren's head then shot up from her book. "Oh my god!"

"What?" Normani asked as she read the topic of her essay.

"I'm supposed to pick up my mom and dad from the airport tonight! How the fuck dis I forget!" Lauren stood up from the stool and started to look around the kitchen for her phone "Where's my phone? What time is it?"

"Chill, dude! What time are they flying in?" Normani asked setting down her pencil and apple and grabbed her phone.

"Seven" lauren sighed looking up at the dark skinned woman.

Normani's eyes widen. "It's 6:30" she barely spoke.

Normani and lauren stared at each other for a second before they rushed upstairs to their rooms. "Get the keys!" Lauren yelled as she pushed open her door and ran inside to grab what she needed. Seeing her phone on the bed, she grabbed it and shoved it into her sweatpants pocket before grabbing her purse.