Chapter 3: trouble?

NOBODY'S POV:

"Has this ever happened before?" Camila asked playing with her lips with her fingers.

Normani cleared her throat and scratched her head "uhm... yeah"

"Like a more than once in a month?" Dinah raised and eyebrow.

Glancing at lauren inside the car, normani nodded but didn't say anything.

"Normani. When was the last time?" Camila asked, she stoooed playing with her lips and was now looking at normani with slightly wide eyes. Worried carrying in them.

"After you broke up with her... for three months" normani mumbled out the last part. Dinah and camila both looked at her suprised.

"Three?" Both the older woman said at the same time.

"Yeah... the day of your break up-" normani looked at camila who looked guilty as she looked down at her feet. "- and then like a week and a half later. And then the month after was almost the same. But they were a couple weeks apart. Not this close" normani sighed looking into the car seeing lauren with her eyes closed.

"Why didn't you call me?" Camila said with a small frown.

"You were to busy with college and swim that you barely had time for lauren herself. She told me it would be a wa-.. it would be hard to reach you" normani corrected herself not wanting camila to know what lauren had actually said.

"A text would've been good too" camila muttered.

"After the break up? Texting you was the least on my mind during that time. You know? Let's just forget about this topic okay?" Normani gave them a tight lip smile looking back at her friend in the car.

"How could i?! She has a heart condition-" camila grasped her hand

"Don't you think I know that?!" Normani snapped pulling her hand away "calling you or even texting you would've made it worse. Trust me" normani huffed out.

-

Lauren sighed out feeling much better. The pill did work and they were working right now. Opening her eyes she found camila, normani and dinah outside the car talking. Frowning lauren whipped a couple droplets of sweat from her forehead and opened the car door "what's going on?" She asked seeing normani frustrated.

"Oh thank god" camila mumbled out pushing past dinah and normani and fell right into Lauren's arms. Just like it was instinct Lauren's hands fell to her waist and Camila's wrapped around her neck. Camila closed her eyes hugging the girl tightly in her arms.

"Uhm..." lauren muttered out but quickly gave in and hugged her back. Her hands squeezing camila, and her eyes falling shut taking in the older women's embrace for the first time in two years

Dinah and normani stayed quiet and gave each other a glance. Lauren must be honest, she never thought she would see camila again after the break up. She felt happy that she could hug this older women.

Pulling away, lauren cleared her throat "thanks. For helping me. Mani, can I get my other meds? I need to take the other two for today" lauren smiled at her friend who nodded.

Camila had pulled back and watched lauren get her medications before drinking it then siped her coffee. "Are you really feeling better?" Camila asked softly giving lauren her worried eyes.

Lauren looked at her and smiled softly nodding "yeah. Better with the meds.... thanks" she spoke looking away.

Camila gave dinah a look and she quickly knew what it was. "Mani come with me to the bathroom, please?" Dinah asked but pulled the dark skinned girl away.