Chapter 4: a party

NOBODY'S POV:

"Mani, please. No more" lauren huffed rubbing her shoulder from her friends slap.

"Eat! You'll need the energy for tomorrow" normani said handing lauren a take out container.

"I meant slapping! I have more bruises in a week than I have in five years, I swear" Lauren glared grabbing the container.

Normani rolled her eyes and sat down on the couch. The two girls shared a small two bedroom apartment. Their parents are helping them out when they need it but overall they are working and paying it for themselves. There wasn't a lot of things inside there. A tv, couch, a kitchen that was open the the livingroom, the bathroom and the two small bedrooms that shared the bathroom.

"So you decided what to do for your date with camila on monday? Tomorrow is Saturday and that leaves you a day and a half to figure something out" normani said taking her chopsticks and started to eat.

Lauren shrugged "no. Probably just find something out there and do it in the moment. You know me, I'm not one to plan"

"Sure" normani sighed "how about just redo the first date? Like a food truck and then dancing? Bet she would love that"

Lauren stopped eating and stared into the tv that was off. A smile forming "I think I might"

Normani nodded as she shoved her face with some food. Lauren then sat up straight from the couch and looked over at normani "jade's party! We forgot it's tonight!" Lauren spoke standing up.

Normani's eyes widen remember the party they were invited to by their teammate "Oh shit! Hurry and eat then! Let's go Jauregui!" Normani said now trying to shove all her food into her mouth as she rushed to her room.

-

"Glad you made it. I really thought you forgot" jade chuckled handing the girls two red solo cups.

Normani and lauren glanced at each other before denying the older woman "nah never"

Jade chuckled knowing they had forgotten "well we have beer pong out back by the pool. The pool for swimming, the pool table inside in the livingroom, and drinks are in the kitchen. Have fun" jade winked at them before walking off.

Lauren and normani took in a deep breath, the smell of sweaty people and alchohol brings them back to last year. "Three years in a row?" Lauren smirked looking at normani.

Normani smirked back "you know it". Lauren and normani made there way to the kitchen to grab some drinks before heading to the beer pong table outside. They always won against anybody, they were basically champions of the game since senior year of high school.

"Hey! It's kordei and Jauregui! Back again to take the win?!" A guy yelled seeing the two girls walking towards the table.

"Hey Jauregui!" Another guy calls.

"Josh! What's up dude?" Lauren chuckled seeing Josh, the first nice guy she met at college.

"Hey see cara over there? The nerds all alone" he said raising his eyebrows up and down with a smile.

Lauren glanced over and saw the girl. She was nerdy, loved math, read books all the time, barely takes of her glasses. But the glasses made her hotter in most people defense. "Yeah what about it?"

Lauren bit her lip remembering what she had done with the girl. She was drunk and so was lauren but she would never forget that night. "Go say hi" Josh said nudging lauren.

Normani was well into playing beer pong by herself and wasn't stopping any time soon.

Lauren smiled at Josh "possibly later. Who knows what I'm gonna do tonight" she shrugged at the man. Lauren turned around and walked over to normani grabbing the beer cup she was about to drink and downed it herself.