Chapter 6: accepting

NOBODY'S POV:

They all sat in a small coffee shop like they did last time, but it was a different shop "I think I like the other store better" camila said smacking her lips tasting the drink she got.

"It taste the same to me" lauren shrugged.

"That's because you drink it black with nothing else. That's really nasty" normani gave her a weird face but was ignored by lauren.

Lauren sighed looking down at her phone. It faced up of the table, something she was always paranoid about. "We should start going, we have games every Tuesday and we need some rest"

"Also workout a little" normani said giving lauren a knowing look.

"Well we should too. We'll see you next monday?" Dinah asked standing up with the group and giving lauren a hug.

"For sure" lauren smiled. She turned to camila wanting to give her a hug but she felt awkward doing so. Instead she stuck out a hand.

"Really?" Camila raised an eyebrow at her ex girlfriend.

Lauren shrugged "I don't know..." she trailed off. Camila rolled her eyes and slapped the hand away before bringing lauren into a hug.

Lauren's arms wrapped around Camila's naturally without much thought. Her breath got stuck in her throat for a moment but she let it go after. Finally feeling the comfort again. Although they hugged before it still felt the same as two years ago.
"Bye, lo"

"Bye cabello" lauren chuckled before pulling away. "See you next week?"

"Ha... yeah" camila smiled softly at the younger girl before walking of with dinah.

"Is this going to be just like high school again? But instead of the 'see you tomorrow night' its gonna be 'see you next week'?" Dinah asked wrapping her arm around camila as they walked down the street to their car.

Camila rolled her eyes with a smile. It was ironically the first thing she thought if too. "We are older now, dinah. Things change"

Although it the coffee shop normani and lauren still sat. They wanted to sit for another five minutes before the long drive back. "I feel like you and camila are finally going to get married in the next two years. This feels like a rom-com that ends well" normani smiled setting her Emmy cup on the table.

"What if it doesn't? What if it's just going to end like it did in high school? Remember when she dumped me because of long distance?" Lauren asked bitting her lip "eventually we are graduating and heading to find a job in our career. What if we end up across the world this time?"

"What did you want to be again?" Normani raised an eyebrow at lauren and leaned closer. "I feel like-"

"WNBA" lauren cut in making normani snap her finger and point at her with a nod. "But if I wont make it then I'm planning on working with nations geographic to take pictures for them." Lauren gave her bestfriend a soft smile.

Normani's face lit up when she recalled something "I heard that a couple coaches and managers for the two teams playing in LA are going by our game tomorrow!" Normani spoke standing up from her chair when she saw lauren finish her coffee.

Lauren's eyes widen as she followed normani to toss her cup. "Really?! You didn't tell me sooner?!"

"You know me! I forget!" Normani spoke as they walked out of the shop before walking in the direction of their car.

"Why would they come to our game though?" Lauren frowned confused. She was excited to show her skills to possibly her future team and coach.

"We are the only schools playing close by. I guess we got lucky! And if we win then the coaches said they would let us watch their next game on monday in San Francisco!" Normani spoke nudging lauren as they walked.