XVIII

AUTHOR

jake sat in aras room, looking through her comics before his younger - jungwon - came bursting in through the door.

the boy who sat on the floor was startled by the sudden appearance.

"anything you need, wonie?" he smiled.

jungwon closed the door silently, sitting on the floor with jake. you could tell visually that the boy was confused.

"we need your help," the younger spoke, "you may not like this idea, but we don't have any other choice."

jake tilted his head, moving his body to face jungwon. "what is it that you will need?"

"aras male friend came to pay a visit yesterday."

just that sentence already made jake growl harshly.

"not only that, he trash-talked us. saying we're useless and shifting demons." he explained, "and this is the part you may or may not like."

"fire away, jungwon."

"we want him to suffer, little by little. step by step. slowly, but painfully." jungwon smirked. "what do you think of that?"

jake was taken aback by the statement. "d-don't you think this is a little too far..? i mean, yeah he's harsh but-"

"do you care for ara or not? do you want her to continue suffering because of that man, or not?" jungwon hissed. "knock into your senses hyung! that man is insane!"

the elder gulped. "we'd be insane if we tortured him, no? prove your point!" he retorted.

"that hangyeol guy planned on kissing ara! he could've done something worse if she hadn't sent him out!" he held the shoulders of his elder and shook him viciously.

jake gave it some thought.

he nearly planned on kissing her,

he trash-talked us,

he called us every bad name possible,

he could've done something worse,

"fine. i'm joining this stupid plan," jake heaved, "but i'm not torturing him, not once am i laying a finger on that man."

jungwon gave a smirk, "great decision, hyung."

~

ara was munching on bbungeoppang niki had made in the living room while watching her favorite show - top gear -

she let out a hum of delight when she tried it, throwing the young chef a thumbs up while shoving more into her mouth.

"watch out! you might choke.." niki warned.

ara nodded, giving him a signal that she was going to be fine. "no worries hun, i'll be completely okay."

niki nodded and sat down beside her.

"i hate to bring this up," he started speaking, "but have you had any bad experiences with other people?"

he asked, pulling up a notebook.

"completely fine, i can tell you."

"jeong iseul is a girl who had been with me almost all my life. but turns out the only reason she was my friend was because she used me to get closer to nicholas."

niki scribbled in his notebook.

"byun yejun was just a guy i was in a relationship with, used me for the looks. he was a jerk. a total jerk. everytime i caught him flirting with another, he went 'you're the only one i want' which i find a total bullshit of an excuse."

niki nodded. "continue."

"seok hanwool, he was a hassle. he'd be there where i went and crashed my days where i went out with k, taki, nicholas or even bomin. he couldn't let it be and when i confronted him about it, he'd deny it and start arguing with me. he was obsessed."

the younger sighed, "must've been tough, huh?"

"of course, but you all are making it better for me. you're the reasons why i'm happy as of now."

ara looked at the notebook in niki's hand.

"were you writing down whatever i just said?" ara gave him a skeptical look.

niki quickly shook his head and showed her a picture of shinchan he drew, again.

"seriously? again?" she scoffed and faced away.

only for niki to turn his page again to his notes.

____________
HIIIII EEVRYONENENENENENENEENEN

HOPE Y'ALL HAD A HAPPY NEW YEAR :DDD