XVI

AUTHORS POV

finally, they were sitting at home, taking a break from that mad woman named han chohee, what a hassle.

"anything you need, pup?" she asked the hybrid who'd been standing by her bed for approximately 5 minutes.

"cold..." was all he said.

"c'mere," ara opened her arms and welcomed jake into her embrace.

"you're always so close to me puppy, what's with the others? hm?" she caressed his head softly, causing his ear to twitch.

his shoulders met his ears. "dunno, they're always playing, aside from sunoo. he's just asleep."

"makes sense though, that boy needs enough sleep now that it's cold." she pointed out, looking at the door to reveal niki.

"searching for something to do?" the owner asked.

the puma nodded, looking around, searching for the materials he needed to do what he wanted to.

"where are pencils and erasers? maybe a few pieces of paper?" he asked.

"sure! search in the drawers of my desk and just take all of the pens and erasers or whatever you need."

niki nodded as a thank you and grabbed what he needed before exiting the room.

"you wanna join him, puppy?"

he shook his head, "only if you'll come with." he insisted.

"alright, i've been laying here ever since k brought us home, let's go"

the both of them got up. jakes hand was intertwined with aras as they walked into the living room to see the other members have some sort of drawing competition.

"niki! quit drawing shinchan!!" sunoo whined, looking like he'd been woken up not too long ago as he put his pencil down, looking at the sheet of the younger.

and yes, niki drew shinchan. on every sheet he had.

"c'mon hun, it won't be fun if you keep drawing the same thing." ara giggled, signalling for jake to sit down next to her as she did.

"let us join!" she smiled, looking at jake to see if he had wanted to. all he did was smile, which was enough to answer her question.

they spent the night, drawing various characters, shapes and other things you could imagine.

~

just that night, when ara was still awake while the other hybrids were sleeping, she threw her laundry into the washing machine and hung her damp clothes onto the drying racks.

well, she thought all of them were sleeping by now.

she unexpectedly got a phone call from another one of her male friends, hangyeol.

ara nodded when he asked to come over for a little, to clear his mind off of things in his life.

when he arrived, she welcomed him into her cozy home, checking by the stairs to see if her housemates were still sleeping.

once she did, she went back to hangyeol and set down a glass of water before him.

"it's been a while, hangyeol." she smiled.

"really has, how're you?" he asked, reaching over to the glass and sipping from it.

"i'm fine so far, work is just making me insane.." ara chuckled. "i also adopted hybrids, they're really helping me mentally."

"pfft," hangyeol snorted, "i could've helped you way more mentally, rather than those shifting demons for pets."

ara looked at him and laughed weakly, "that's.. a joke, right?"

"no," said hangyeol, "as if those things will get you anywhere in life. they'll keep you inside for days to the point where you'll forget how the outside world looks like."

"you can't.. say that.." she shuddered, worrying whether a hybrid would hear that. "hangyeol, i really thought it'd be nice to have you over, but all you're doing right now is trashing my hybrids."

"so what? who says you needed those useless creatures anyways?"

"get out, hangyeol," she pointed at the door and he took his cue to leave. "come back when you're in the right state of mind, you sound like a drunk bastard."

"i could've been there kissing you right now, but with your attitude i can't start anything, sadly." he pouted.

"fucking leave will you?" she sighed, "and who said i wanted your nasty lips on mine?"

hangyeol closed the door and left.

ara went back into her room, frustrated.

but when she entered, she had noticed jay went missing.

"where's jay..?" she whispered, mostly to herself.

"he's in the bathroom, head to bed, we don't want you late for work tomorrow, okay?" heeseung assured and pulled her into bed, hugging her arm.

_______
a shorter chapter than usual..

slower updates because school has been a pain in the neck, i'm getting bullied again, my grades are lowering, i'm trying to get over a breakup and everything is just placing a huge barricade in front of me and writing.. i sincerely apologize.