V

ARA POV

i walked bomin to my hybrids and jake was sound asleep with his body on a high temperature. i sighed and looked at bomin who frowned. "is he okay? that must be the hybrid in heat." he pointed out.

"yeah, he should be fine by next week. but right now, he's in a state where it's not safe for me to wander around."

"eugh, your arm really does smell like coconut." bomin laughed,

i huffed out a small chuckle and nodded. 

"hybrids, how about you take a nap, hm? i'll wake you once it's dinner time." i suggested.

heeseung yawned, going into my room. the hybrids followed and slumped their ways over into my room.

"bomin, what exactly did you want from me for you to come over?"

"just checking up. anything specific you need?"

"nope. not at the moment."

"well i guess i'll head on out then. bye ara~" he waved goodbye and left.

i skipped up the stairs and looked into my room. two of my hybrids were sleeping on the bed. jake was further away but still close enough.

i slipped myself in between my hawk and kitten, pulling up the sheets and going through my phone. mainly looking for recipes and dishes to cook.

once i found the right one, i set my phone aside and looked at my kitten hybrid who had awoken not long from his sleep. "hm?" i hummed looking at jungwon.

he whined and cuddled closer against me. "i can't sleep properly, could you sing me a lullaby..? it's a way for me to sleep.." he begged. i sighed. "it might not sound as good though..."

"that's okay" he assured. i nodded and started singing. halfway into the song, he fell asleep. i stopped and stroked their backs.

standing up again, i walked into the kitchen. i took my phone and looked for the recipe i saved, preparing the ingredients and started cooking.

about two hours later, i was finished. i dashed into my room to wake up my hybrids from their slumber.

"hybrids~" i softly called. "time to wake up, dinners ready." i said.

all of my hybrids awoke besides jake. i thought that he needed a little rest since my hybrid was still in heat and wasn't feeling very well during that time.

"go eat, i'll take care of jake again." i reassured and watched them wander off into my dining room.

when they left to the dining room, i grabbed a towel and wet it. i pressed the cold compress against jakes forehead and sighed.

"i hope you're doing well soon." i huffed.

the clock hit 6, which meant that i had to go take the pills for jake again. hopefully he'll feel better by at least next week. rummaging through my drawers, i found the little bottle.

i took another water bottle that stood on my vanity and crouched down to jake who opened his eyes slightly. "feeling better?" i asked.

he nodded. "that's a good thing." i smiled, tilting the bottle of pills slightly so that one could manage its way into my hand. i signalled for jake to open his mouth, to which he obeyed.

i plopped the pill inside, waiting for him to swallow it. once that was done, i tilted his head up a little and pressed the water bottle against his dry lips.

i put him down and set his head back down onto the pillow. "should i grab another pillow? your necks gonna go stiff..." he nodded.

i went to grab another pillow and placed it under his head. "i'll grab your food okay? don't move, i'm worried you'll get hurt." i stood up and exited my room.

i took a plate from the kitchen, put some of the food on jakes plate and skipped up the stairs again to see my hybrid staring at the ceiling.

i sat down on the floor and told jake to stand up for a bit, moving the mattress against my closet and let him lean against it while i fed him.

"is this just like a fever? just without the coughs and without it being contagious?" i asked

jake nodded once more. "yeah.. consider it like that. i'm slowly feeling better now" he giggled.

i  smiled. "that's a good thing pup. still frustrated though?" i asked. "not anymore. it's all comfortable now, just the heat isn't."

i pat his head and watched his ear twitch. "not even a day has gone by.. does it usually heal this fast?" "depends on the way you treat your hybrid and care for it."

"maybe it'll take 2 days till i heal..." jake shrugged.

so it's like a period?

i nodded and gnawed on my lip. "is the compress helping?" i asked. he signalled a thumbs up. i smiled.

i continued to feed jake until the plate was empty. standing up, i dashed down the stairs and saw my hybrids go up the stairs.

"take care of jake for me okay?" once i got their signal, i ran into my dining table and placed a plate in front of me. i sat down and ate in peace.

that was until one of my hybrids called me. i stood up, ran up the stairs and saw jake with wet eyes and red cheeks. "what happened?" i questioned, crouching down to my pup.

"he didn't want you to leave." i giggled at heeseungs remark. "but i have to eat somehow pup. it worked amazing not too long ago, what's wrong now?" i tilted my head, patting his head as he whimpered and sniffled.

"he hates being left alone. or, when the owner is gone for a bite he'll get upset over it." jay explained. "but he did so well before?" "that was because heat took over him to the point where he couldn't focus. now he's gained more consciousness."

i sighed. "pup, let me eat please? i'll be back as soon as possible. you have the guys, they're here to take care of you!" i looked at my other hybrids who were doing their own thing.

"d-don't leave..." jake sobbed and held my arm. "alright i'm not leaving. will one of you please get my plate from downstairs?" sunghoon nodded and ran out of the room.

i sighed. "better now, pup?" he giggled and nodded.

__________
poor jake :')