XI

AUTHORS POV

nicholas, who had been aware of the sudden visitor, went to open the door.

it revealed a young adult woman. maybe slightly older than ara and him.

"hello, have you seen these 7 hybrids perhaps?" she showed a picture of the exact 7 hybrids ara had owned.

nicholas who was confused, quickly shook his head as a no. "sorry, haven't seen them." he smiled.

"you can quit pretending. this is the exact address my hybrids have to be in!" she shouted.

soon, someone barged in. k stood there with his arms crossed. "why are you yelling ma'am?" he smirked at the familiar face.

"you've caused enough harm to these hybrids, why bother doing that same mistake again?" k tsked.

"i never did anything to those hybrids! they weren't behaving well so of course i have to discipline them..." she denied.

"quit lying, chohee. you can't just pretend like you haven't abused those hybrids for as long as you've had them." he glared.

"they have a new owner and a new life where they aren't bothered by you. leave." then, k slammed the door shut.

the hybrids who had overheard everything were hiding and snuggling against each other, close.

taki had noticed and frowned, walking over to them and assuring them, saying it was going to be okay.

k turned around and saw the hybrids hiding behind the couch, possibly shivering and some teared up.

"i already cleared everything, she's no longer getting in the way of you and ara." the eldest reassured and helped the hybrids stand properly.

"let's play games while ara is gone." nicholas suggested, calming the hybrids down from the pressure.

~ ARAS ARRIVAL ⊂(・▽・⊂)

the keys jingled to her house as she unlocked the front door in a hurry, desperately trying to get to her hybrids, knowing that some of them had been suffering without her.

immediately when she walked in after closing the door, sunoo and jake dashed toawrds her and hugged her like they haven't seen each ither in forever.

a tired out chuckle came out from ara as she pat the hybrids backs with a smile on her face.

"have you been behaving?" she questioned.

all of them nodded, including the three other male 'caretakers' who had still been in the kitchen, snacking on anything they could find in the cabinets.

"quick warning," k spoke with worry lingering in his voice as he walked up to the owner.

"they had a traumatic experience with their past owner and she came by to take them back, i suggest taking care of them well and if you need something, ring me up. okay?" he pat her shoulder.

"rely on me." ara replied with a grin.

the three headed out, no other words spoken aside from 'goodbye'.

a sigh escaled the females lips as she took off her shoes. "hybrids let me shower okay? it won't last long i promise." she smiled and left off.

"what if she shows up again? we'll be screwed!" jake threw himself on the couch with panic.

"heeseung and i will take care of her. she can't take us back after what she had done. we're not that easy, right?" jay spoke with all of his confidence.

the other hybrids agreed, aside from sunoo who had been spacing out and stuck in his thoughts.

"don't worry sunoo!! everything's gonna be just fine. if it's necessary, we'll have jungwon perform taekwondo on ch-"

sunghoon cut niki off with a chuckle. "funny, but we're not gonna go that far, right?" he gulped.

no replies.

"alright, fine." he rolled his eyes and sat on the couch, reassuring jake.

"we're screwed~ screwed, screwed, screwed!" jake sang from his heart, making the hybrids laugh.

"we just need to be careful with our decisions. check through the peek hole first before we open the door, it could be anyone." heeseung said.

"yeah, jake. don't think too harshly, we'll never get that nasty scum who pies her face with makeup every day to us. ever!" sunghoon spoke.

jake cracked a smile at his words. "thanks, 'hoon. i needed that." the puppy laughed.

"whatever makes you happy, jakey." he pat jakes head and gave him a soft reassuring smile.

not too long after, ara came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her head to keep in the wet hair.

"did anything happen while i was in the shower? jake, sunoo, are you two alright?" the girl frowned after seeing their expressions.

jake had changed from a smile to a frown in a matter of seconds. they shook their heads, unsure of the sudden sickness in their stomach.

"i'm here, okay? don't you worry about anything, i'll try my best to protect you and if i fail to do so, feel free to be mad at me." she lifted their heads by their chins, watching them nod.

"remember, you can feel at home. don't be forced by anything and feel free to explore. i'm not stopping you from doing what you want to." ara caressed their cheeks.

"i'm speaking for all of you, not just jake and sunoo." she turned around. "the only thing you can't do though is fight. we don't appreciate violence in this house."

all of them laughed together. it was great to see a smile light up on all of their faces.

"bedtime, let's go to bed." she announced and signalled for the hybrids to follow.

~ BEDTIME ⊂(・▽・⊂)

after all the lights shut off, ara turned on a little lamp for comfort and played a small song so that they could fall asleep easier.

she, in the meantime, was reading a book while her phone was in use of music.

when she made sure all the hybrids had fallen asleep, she scrolled through the media before finally letting her phone go and drifting off.

~ DURING THE NIGHT ←_←

there was lots of noise going on, but she thought nothing of it and continued sleeping.

the sound grew louder, eventually reaching her room.

a sudden voice started speaking something along the lines of,

"you can't escape from me, stupid little things."

_______
sorry for the slow update ಥ‿ಥ