XV

K'S POV

i started driving to chohees location.

as soon as taki entered the car, i didn't bother about the seatbelt and started the engine, pressing on the gas pedal and stormed over to that mad womans home.

taki nearly hit his head in the meantime, oops. my mistake.

the red lights that flashed right in front of me irritated me to the mass.

i impatiently tapped my fingers against the steering wheel and waited for it to turn green.

"k! slow down please, i nearly bumped into the window!"

"sorry taki, my mistake."

i continued driving until i reached a place with many gates.

unable to jumpover them, as the tops were very sharp. they could really injure someone. well, yeah no shit-

anyhow, we really had to get in some how.

it has a lock...

"taki, pass me a bobby pin" i held out my hand.

"eh?! you expect me to carry those around when i cut my hair literally yesterday?" he asked.

"yes, now give one to me, this is not the time to bicker around." i complained.

taki sighed and reached into his pocket, pressing a bobby pin into my hand shortly.

just then i realized, i needed a code enable to get in. not a key.

"seriously?!" i groaned and slapped my hands onto my face.

AUTHORS POV

"kinda your fault for not checking clearly.." taki snickered.

"and you gave me the bobby pin with no hesitation, so i'm not the only one at fault." the elder sighed and thought for a while.

"try her birthdate!" taki smiled.

"i don't remember when that is!" k complained.

"quit complaining, i have her files with me, just in case," taki reached for his bag and took out her files, checking her birthdate.

"weird if you ask me." the other shrugged.

"15th oct- isn't that heeseungs birthday?" he tilted his head and read clearly again.

"just to remind you young one," k chuckled, "there are people who share birthdays."

taki facepalmed and nodded. "just put the keycode in! maybe it'll work?"

k typed in the numbers '1510'.

the door unlocked.

little did they know,

there was a security camera detecting them.

once it realized they were unknown, alarms set off, loudly.

several men approached, seemingly out of nowhere with weapons and all those action things you see in movies idk.

"really wasn't what i was expecting," k stretched and smirked, "but i'm up for the game."

"k! you'll get h-"

"i'll distract them, once i have them wrapped around my finger, you go inside and find them." the taller advised.

"now come at me!" k shouted, making the men run at him like they were zombies in an apocalypse.

~

TAKI'S POV

i gulped harshly, all of them were running towards k, which had me worried.

would he be okay without me?

"it's your time taki! if they're chasing you, close the door and lock it! make sure no one makes it inside." k smiled reassuringly and nodded at me to go.

i held the strap of my bag with anxious and sweaty hands, sprinting to the door of her 'home' which looked like the devils lair and closed the door behind me, locking it secure.

glancing and peeking at every corner, i started walking to where i assumed they would be at, in the basement.

"i should at least ring up the police while i'm at it..." i hastily grabbed my phone out of the bag and dialled the police's number, hoping they would pick up.

"police station ***, what's your emergency?"

~

while i was on the call, i made sure no one was approaching or inside while i was orienting in the devils lair i guess that's what i can call it from now on.

after the phone call, someone approached me, to my surprise

chohee.

she looked like she just got into a fight with goats.

it's not like she never does-

"called the cops, taki?" she smirked at me.

"no, i was calling my mother to ask if she fed the dog." i snorted.

"OF COURSE I DID!" i complained.

"what're you gonna do now? k is probably unconscious by now." she stepped closer to me, making me step back.

"i...uh.." i stammered.

just then i remembered,

pepper spray!

i slowly reached into my bag, making it seem like i was fishing for the phone again.

"hm? calling your mommy?" she sneered.

"nope.. but.." i quickly pulled out my bottle of pepper spray that i conveniently have in the bag, "yOINK" i sprayed it into her eyes and ran away as fast as i could.

"YOU FUCKING BASTARD!" she yelped and scratched her eyes.

with a smirk of victory, i continued pacing around the lair.

i saw the door to an unknown room and opened it, revealing literally nothing.

"gosh darn it." i cursed and ran through the other doors, until i heard footsteps behind me.

"taki!" k called out, when i turned around, i didn't see a single scratch or bruise on him.

"what did you do for your face not to look so... messed up?" i was wondering whether or not my choice of words were correct but shrugged it off shortly.

"it's skill taki, i think i know where the basement is." k held my wrist and dragged me with him, searching for the room we hoped they were in.

when k stopped by a rather smaller door which i didn't expect, he opened it and we saw 6 panicking hybrids with an unbothered one and their owner.

sunoo perked from his hiding spot and cried a river.

k told them what we both had done, well, i think k might have taped up chohee since the only thing i did was spray pepper spray in her eyes?

"let's get you all out of here, pronto."

_________
sorry for the slow updates AAAAHH

i'm currently in a dance group, practicing tamed-dashed and my math exam is tomorrow so i've been busyyyyyyy🥲🥲🥲