VIII

ARA POV

sunoo woke up thanks to jungwons action. he gave him a slight glare and wrapped his arms around my waist, squishing his cheek against my shoulder. i giggled and touched his ear, causing it to flinch.

"let's play a game!!" jake suggested and smiled brightly. "what game?" he looked at me and nibbled on his lip. "i.. haven't really thought about that... heh.." he scratched his nape and cheekily smiled.

"i have a set of charade cards if you wanna play that?" i said. all of them nodded in agreement.

i grabbed the cards from my closet and went through all of them, making sure none of them were inappropriate.

once i made sure all of them were friendly, i shuffled them and rested them onto my bedside table. we split the team into two. jay, sunghoon, jake and i. then that leaves the other four.

"who wants to go first?" i asked. jay decided to go first.

he pulled a card and burst out laughing. it caused for us to laugh as well. we tilted our heads and jay finally got up again, standing in front of us.

he did the gesture he was supposed to. it confused us. he started spinning around. we looked at each other, then at sunghoon who opened his mouth. "spin?" he simply answered and shrugged.

jay nodded, feeling as dizzy as ever and gestured for me to come out. i picked a card and started acting it out.

jungwon snickered, looking at the other three on his team. "if that's supposed to be a giraffe ara i swear to god-" sunghoon cut himself off and looked at me as i nodded with a smile on my face.

all of us laughed our heads off during this game. it made me realize, that my hybrids are ones i could look up to and lean my shoulder on. i could laugh with them, play with them, sing with them, everything possible without feeling uncomfortable.

they made me the happiest girl on this planet.

after playing the few games, we've decided to do the karaoke before baking. i played random instrumentals on my speaker and listened as my hybrids sang along.

their singing voices surprised me. especially heeseung and jungwon. they had such a sweet tone, it's like they were idols.

i swayed my body, listening to their sweet voices ringing in my ears.

“is it true?"

”is it true?”

"you, you, you..."

i'm lying if i said i didn't cry while hearing them sing. the song made me feel like i was in heaven.

the song ended shortly. i wiped the tears away but continued crying while hugging heeseung. he giggled and hugged back, asking me what's wrong. "nothing! you two just sang the song so well to the point where i started crying." i laughed.

we all hugged each other before starting off a new chaotic karaoke.

we were all exhausted and tired from moving around so much, i didn't even know if we still had the time to bake. i asked them if they desperately wanted to. they shook their heads.

i was about to open my mouth when suddenly..

BANG.

a heavy thunder heaved from outside. the hybrids flinched at the shrill sound. "get over here.." i softly spoke and signalled for them to come closer to me. jake was leaning his head against my chest, ears down and covering his face.

sunghoon was silent. niki curled up into a ball. sunoo hid under my sheets. heeseung was slightly panicking. jay was  hitting his ears to block the sound and jungwon did the same.

"come closer all of you, you're so distant..." they approached me and relaxed slightly. i shushed them and stood up to close the tilted window. however, jake kept his grip and wouldn't let go.

"let me close the window to cancel the noise, okay? it won't take long." jake shook his head and cried silently. i sighed. sitting back down, i stroked jakes head gently.

rain poured from the clouds onto the glass of my windows. it was a calming sound, but the thunder disturbing wasn't really pleasing.

all of them fell asleep. i was the only one left awake. jake still had his arms wrapped around me firmly. i lean back against my headboard and continued stroking jakes head. along with sunoo's as he was next to me under my blanket.

"poor little things..." i whispered to myself. "what are the possible things they have went through to be so scared of the loud noises?" another deep sigh escaped my lips.

i glanced at the window a few meters away from me. it was gray, the clouds covered the blue sky.

i then looked back at my hybrids. all of them fast asleep. i almost started crying again.

what if i don't take good care of them?

what if i can't protect them when i need to?

that needs to improve.

i want the best for my hybrids. i want them to feel like they're home and comfortable. if that past owner did something to them, i swear i won't let them live.

"were you abandoned? abused?.. if so then.."

my heart ached saying that.

"i want you all to feel comfortable around me.." i gulped. they might not hear me cause they're sleeping, but i just want to reassure them. "i want you all to feel like you belong here in my home. you deserve it.." i smiled.

just then, i closed my eyes and drifted off with them.

JAKES POV

i could feel ara's heart beating against my head. it was slow, but very calming.
i tried my best to fall asleep. yet, I couldn't.

ara started speaking as soon as i closed my eyes again..

"poor little things.."

she seemed, sad..

"what are the possible things they have went through to be so scared of the loud noises?" she asked.

we want you to know..but it's hard for us to tell.

"were you abandoned? abused?.. if so then.."

bingo.

______________
HEHDEJDJDNDN TYVK FOR THE 100 FOLLOWERSSSSSSSSSSS I'M SO HAPPYYPYPYYPYPYP