"I will protect you"

Jax and the prince discussed plans, they had had rumours of some sort of threat in a far land, but close enough to cause damage. In between their plans The Prince stole glances at Kassa talking to a cook. She was actually quite beautiful. The Prince cursed himself and went back to discussing.

Frixy gave me the afternoon gossip as always. She still had the backbone to tease me about the prince. After snapping at her we changed the subject.
"I'm going to Zepter."
"Oh my dear, girl why?"
"I... just have to. I have gotten to the standard to beat Jax, I need to find someone... more advanced to teach me." I looked at Jax across the table. I still kept away from the prince. More like he still kept away from me. It's starting to get personal. After the meal I checked I had packed everything. Tomorrow I would leave, first light. I needed a horse, I was not going to travel on foot!

I managed to find a stallion, he was beautiful, brown and black twisted up his legs to his back where a golden strip covered his spine up to his neck and the start of his mane. He was called Sembi, named after the Spirit Of The Sky. He looked into my eyes as I stroked his powerful neck, each muscle strong and unfaltering. I'll protect you until we part. I froze his eyes had seemed to... speak? Yes, words written in his eyes, in his face. He seemed to... speak to me. Don't be afraid. And then I found myself talking to the grate Stallion.
"I'm not afraid Sembi." His name rolled off my tongue. The stallion bowed his head.

I stayed with Sembi for an hour, riding him, testing him. He was strong and felt like rock under me. He moved faster than light itself, his hooves gliding on the floor. For a horse this size his grace was startling. Yes, I would definitely not be afraid in his presence. His words comforted me. I'll protect you he had said. "Well, Sembi, we can protect each other."