Chapter 17

e l s a

The masquerade was a blast! It was like coming to prom night (even though she skipped it and only Anna attended). There was music (well, classic ballroom music), food, drinks, desserts (especially chocolates) and people. Loads of people. And (out of all of them) she would pick only one guy to dance with her. The one she will marry.

Her hair was in a long, beautifully plaited braid and it lay on her left shoulder. While she stood there, in the centre of the ballroom, fake smiling, she spotted a familiar looking white headed (and masked) guy coming towards her. He wore a dashingly, light blue tuxedo, with pockets and buttons down the front and a grey tie.

He bowed in front of her. Elsa giggled. "No need."

"Yes you do need. So...may I have this dance?" The guy asked.

She replied, "Yes." Then, whispered, "Yes, Frost."

Suddenly, her most absolutely favourite song played. He offered her a hand and she gladly took it. The blue masked guy went towards her ear. "I know you dance pretty well, Snowflake." He stopped and added, "And sing." He winked at her.

"Loving can hurt..." That amazing song sang. "Loving can hurt sometimes..." Jack put his hand on her hips, whilst the other on her right hand. Her left hand was on his chest (which was quite close to his heart) and she could hear it rise and fall. Elsa breathed in and out. She just had to tell him why she had leave him. The truth about it. "But it's the only thing that I know..."

"Jack? I need to tell you something."

He spun her around and kept her close to him, again. "What is it?"

"It's about our break up. Well, it was all my fault because..." Her eyes lowered. It seemed as if everyone was gossiping about them.

She felt a finger on her lips. "Shh. The past in the past, right? All that matters is...now."

Elsa felt a tear forming in his eyes. "You sure?" He nodded. She sang a bit of the song: "When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes. It is the only thing that makes us feel alive."

One-two, one-two...was all they both did. Afterwards, she tiptoed out of him, raising her hands above her head and he caught her before she slipped. Elsa turned back to his face, which was millimetres away from hers'. Then, Jack spun her outwards again, making her swivel round in front of him. They both swayed within each other.

"But I have to tell you," she said to him. "No matter what I have to tell you." Her chest rose and fell and she faced him. "I was the one who ordered Lorna to kiss you."

There was pain in his eyes. "What?! Why?"

"...It was the only way to make a reason for me to leave. I-I didn't want to tell you I was going to Arendelle because I knew you couldn't take it all in."

He just laughed. "Didn't I tell you earlier 'the past is in the past?' At least I don't have to grudge on Lorna anymore, right?" She pouted and Jack sang to her: "So you can keep me inside the pocket of your ripped jeans, holding me close until our eyes meet. You won't ever be alone. Wait for me to come home."

They started to do one-two, one-two, again. Elsa joined in, "Loving can heal. Loving can mend your soul and it's the only thing that I know. No." After that, he carried her up to the heavens, when it was the chorus. She went back down to the ground, staring at his hypnotic, blue eyes.

Elsa closed her eyes and felt her heart thump. Her arms were around his neck. His lips were what she missed. It was warm. "I love you, Jack."

"I love you, Elsa." And he rubbed his nose against her's. "Next to your heart beat, where I should be. Keep it deep within your soul. And if you hurt me. That's ok baby. Only words bleed. Inside these pages you just hold me. And I won't ever let you go..." Jack kissed her nose.

When she was slow dancing with him to the last minutes of the song, Elsa saw familiar looking faces, dancing along with them. There was a green masked strawberry blonde girl dancing with a grey masked dark blonde guy, a purple masked girl with a black masked guy, a gold masked girl with a brown masked guy and a turquoise masked girl by her own.

Curious, she told Jack. "Jackson Overland Frost. How did you make them come here?"

He responded, "Well...it was probably they got the invitation." She nodded.

"Thank you!" Elsa hugged him.

"No problem, Snowflake." Jack added, "Wait for me to come home." He finished the song.

She turned to Quinzon, who was at the back talking to someone very familiar, and signalled the signal to him to open the lights. He noticed and the whole room was bright.

"Attention everyone," Elsa got everyone to look at her. She had an announcement to make and she swore the girl in the green dress squealed with delight. "I am here to announce that your king will be-"

Someone cut her off. "Me!" Her guests turned to where the voice came from. Oh no. "The new king of Arendelle." The guy with auburn sideburns went straight for her. "Right, my queen?" He cackled and a knife drew out of his suit, but no one in the crowd noticed.

Jack pushed him to the side. He saw it, too. "Elsa? Are you ok?" She nodded. His eyes widened, when he saw Hans. "You! You're the one who wanted to take over the kingdom! Everyone!" Jack pointed at him. "This is NOT the king you would want."

Someone from the crowd shouted, "Then who else should take the throne? Southern Isles was the only person who came up to her AND royal blood. What makes US think that this is not the king we want? Are YOU taking the throne? Are you even royal blood?"

She couldn't keep it in any longer. "Enough!" Ice spikes flew to Hans' clothes and everyone backed away, making him stuck to the wall. The whole crowd shuddered. They were shocked because of her. "I am making a new rule to this kingdom. As queen, I should find someone to rule with because you all want a ruler. But, to be honest, I'm not ready for marriage. I just think it's just too soon, but that wasn't the new rule I was talking about." Elsa sighed. "What I'm saying is is that you can marry who's not royal or the other way round. Like, a normal person can marry a royal. It's just fair. Fair for everyone. Plus, it's your choice to be with whoever you want. Love is always the answer." The room went quiet and then all of them applauded.

While they clapped, she noticed a dark figure that seemed to have freed Hans. Suddenly, a scream was heard from the closest person she knew.

Jack was way ahead of her and said, "Anna."

_________________________________________________________________________________________
hello! :( I know Anna. Don't worry she will be saved! I think this chappie was meh. But anyways she you people next chapter! And thank you SO SO SO SO MUCH for the votes, comments and reads! XD You people make me happy. :)