Chapter 4

j a c k

When he arrived at home, his whole family were gathered on the sofa, looking at him. Was he in trouble again? It was probably his grades, but he didn't really care as much.

"How was school son?" His father asked, sternly. He was right. It was his grades.

"Fine," Jack lied. He had been a Mr. Chatterbox throughout the day.

"Now, Jack, let's talk about your grades," his mum urged. "They are incredibly low!"

"Yeah, Jack! I thought you were great at science!" Emma, his sister, complimented as well.

Three pairs of eyes were staring at him, angrily. They were all cross of him. Disappointed even. Then two of them, his mum and sister, quietly walked out, leaving him and his dad.

"Ok, Jackson Overland Frost. What are you hiding from us?" He paused. "You were never like this since your Uncle..."

"North. Uncle North, dad. He passed away and is never ever going to come back. Plus if you thought that I was on drugs...I'm not," Jack said, coldly, leaving him dumbfounded, as he went upstairs to his room.

BANG! He was so angry and sad that he kept banging his head on the hard surface of the door. It was very hard for him to let go...

Uncle North (or, more likely, Santa) was the closest person to him. He would always reward Jack, whilst he studies well. At times, they would go out to the park and just have a guy to guy chat...

"You know, Jack," North said, while Jack hummed in response. "You are a great lad, and you know that, right?" Jack nodded, as he carried on. "A gal would be just as lucky as you to have you. But, anyways, you're still at a young age to be understanding this."

Jack started to talk,"Yeah, I know Uncle but...you know and I know that you're leaving soon. So, how am I going to get advice on my studies?"

"Just rely on your parents," he answered, bending down on him, his hand on Jack's shoulder. "And if you miss me, just look at the moon."

"Why the moon?" asked Jack.

"Because the moon told me so."

And that was the day before he left to Switzerland. The Overlands (Jack's real surname) knew that he was going the next day to visit Uncle Sandy there. Sadly, the plane crashed and he was gone.

After that, a funeral was held in their hometown, Burgess. Jack was really upset and angry for him that day. He left him and left nothing but a stick to remember him by. He even dyed his hair white (because his,North's, was white) and put on blue contacts, instead of his real hazel ones.

That was the start of his name being "Jack Frost," (it was even the surname of his uncle and mother). He was in pain that day and still is. There was no one like him and that was why he dates girls so that he can find the one who was just as kind as his uncle, to thaw his frozen heart.

Back in his bedroom, he stopped banging like a maniac and plopped himself on his bed. He breathed in and out. North was the only person that can easily talk to him. But he vanished. Nowhere to be seen.

This was always the day when he gets told off but he doesn't really listen. It was always the day when the family reads his grades.

Slowly turning his head towards his built-in cupboard, he walked forwards. He opened it, seeing the stick (or staff as he calls it) just settling there. He was wondering why he gave it to him. It was a just a normal stick. Or was it? Scared of holding the precious item, he carefully grabbed it and stared at it for a while.

Suddenly, a bright, white light shone from it. Was there actually magic in this thing? Or maybe it was just a lightsaber covered with twigs.

"Jack! Hope you are not staying up late!" a sweet, motherly voice shouted from downstairs.

Quickly, he turned off the lights and rushed to his bed, leaving his stick underneath him. Time for school tommorow.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello! Jelsa_G45 here! Thanks guys for reading this book! It has more reads than my second fanfic. :0 ! Anyways, love you guys! See ya in da next chappie! Bye!