Vision of the Future

Start from the beginning

But Bruno shattered their peace by being the usual lovely dork that he was. While you and Camilo were on a date, just a picnick in the middle of the meadow, Bruno decided that he wanted to go on a stroll with his rat friend, Alina. The youngest Madrugal triplet was having nice conversation with Alina, when he noticed his nephew and Mariano's cousin having a picnicking. At first, he thought that it was just two friends who decided to hang out, so he let it slide. And then...

Bruno saw Camilo hugging you tightly and kissing your cheek lovingly.

Bruno gasped once again, and Alina squeaked loudly, but this time louder and unfortunately, he managed to catch attention of his nephew, who in flash turned his head around and his warm brown eyes met his green ones. Camilo eyes widened as his shoulders tensed up, quickly realizing what had just occurred.

His uncle found out that you're dating and tomorrow was a last dinner between Guzman's and Madrigal's before the wedding day.

You were doomed.

The dinner time came much quicker than Camilo would like. After your date, he couldn't stop thinking about his uncle potentially spoiling his sister's day. His brain kept showing him awful visions of potential future, where Bruno accidentally tells both his and your family that you're dating and Dolores would be devastated, because all attention is now on you. And how she would cry, because her special day was ruined because of you.

No, he won't allow it to happened. Camilo will make sure of it. Everything, the dinner and the wedding, will go smoothly.

Oh how wrong he was.

Since it was special day, today's dinner was served outside. The delicious food was laid on the table, Isabela made a two small bouquets that she puts into glass vases and placed them on the table and everyone sat down in their places. Mariano sat with his fiance and you sat next to him. Camilo sat opposite of you, and just besides his dear uncle. Alma with a warm smile, welcomed everyone and the dinner had officially begun.

While everyone were chatting happily, Camilo kept a watchful eye out for his uncle. Every time Bruno opened his mouth, he received a glare from his nephew, making poor man gulp and turn his head to the other side. In some way, Camilo was succeeding in keeping his uncle quiet. So far, everything was going smoothly...

❝ Can someone pass me arepa? ❞ Asked Alma, looking at the plate on the other side of the table.

❝ Here-! ❞

❝ Let me-! ❞

Both Camilo and Bruno reached for the plate and their hands had accidentally touched. Both men were blinded by the green color, as they both witness what was about to come. There was Dolore's wedding and...you. It looked like you had cached the bouquet and Camilo was hugging you, kissing your cheek. Then, he saw everyone standing around them, probably gasping in surprise. Tomorrow, everyone would know...Dolores would be devastated...

❝ Camilo...! ❞

❝ Bruno...! ❞

❝ Wake up! ❞ Both Camilo and Bruno snapped out of the trace after hearing Alma's voice. Like they were burned, both men jumped away from each other, trying to catch their breaths. Only after Camilo looked down at himself, did he realize that he accidentally keep changing into you, Bruno, Dolores and Mariano. Taking a deep breath, Camilo stopped changing, a looked at his uncle with wide eyes, trying to make sense of what he had just seen.

❝ Brunito, what happened?! ❞ Asked worried Alma, quickly running to his son and checking on him.

❝ Was this about my wedding?! ❞ Dolores burst out, worry filling her doe like eyes again.

❝ No, no, no! It was just something about...uh...my room! ❞ Bruno tried to assure his niece, smiling awkwardly at everyone and apologizing every minute for the inconvenience.

❝ Yeah! Bruno has been training his powers and now he gets those small visions here and there. Hehehehe... ❞ Camilo joined his uncle and laughed it off, secretly feeling something dying inside of him.

After a few more minutes, everything went back to normal, and the dinner resumed. Food quickly disappeared and Mariano had to go back with his family. You all said your goodbyes and parted your ways, while Madrigal's keep waving at you. And when you disappeared from their sight, Dolores was quick to grasp his uncle arm and started dragging him towards the kitchen. Ignoring his uncle protests, everyone rushed after the bride and Camilo was ahead of the rest. His heart squeezed painfully, afraid that Bruno would tell her everything.

❝ What did you see?! Tell me! ❞ He heard Dolore's yelling, as he had entered the kitchen.

❝ N-Nothing! ❞

❝ Tell me! ❞ Dolores started to shake the poor man by his shoulders, desperate to know the answer.

❝ Dolores! Stop this at once! ❞ Alma was quick to react, and step in at the right time, freeing Bruno from the poor girl's grasps. Older woman checked on her precocious son, caressing his cheeks and trying to calm him down.

❝ Brunito, go to your room... ❞

Camilo watched everything happening before him, feeling guilty. He tried so hard to stop this disaster from ruining his sister mood and he still failed...

❝ Camilo... ❞ He heard his mother calling him and he turned around to face her. Camilo saw a stormy cloud above her head, and feel even more guilty. Now his sister and mami were in a bad mood...

❝ Please, tell us what you saw... ❞ Begged him Pepa, grasping his hands in her own, looking into his soul. The young boy was forced to make a decision he was not ready for. Gulping, Camilo shook his head softly and whispered:

❝ Nothing...❞

...good ❞ Camilo added in his head, knowing perfectly well, that story about his mother's wedding would be repeating itself tomorrow.