Happy New Year! Or whatever -W.M

Start from the beginning

For the rest of the day, she stayed in her room, not in the mood to talk with anyone. She just let her tears fall down. 

Sadly, the next day came soon enough and she had to act like everything was fine, even though it couldn't be farther away from the truth.

Wanda and Nat were cooking some food for that night, so she made sure to avoid the kitchen at all costs. Instead, she just hung around Tony. She helped him with some prototypes and gadgets. Anything that could distract her mind. 

"I think is time we wrap things up here. We should get ready for tonight." Tony said after a few hours spent in the lab.

"Yeah, you are right about that." She nodded.

Emma had no idea when the time passed but at least she didn't think once about her crush on Wanda, and how she is going to be crushed when she'll see her with Vision later on in the night.

Since Tony compromised with no party, he still requested a some-what fancy/formal attire for tonight's celebration. So she chose a black one with a red shirt since it's 'better' to wear something red on New Year's. She left it open at the first buttons and place a necklace around her neck. After that, she put on some black Chelsea boots and called it good enough.

She really wasn't in the mood for this gathering. She would much rather stay curled up in her bed while watching some trashy tv-show.

When she arrived in the living room, almost everybody was there. They were all dressed up in their best attire, all ready for the new year that is to come. 

Just then Emma realized that she has to see Wanda all dressed up. Looking all gorgeous and stuff, while she can't do anything about it.

Double fuck.

When she saw Vision she knew she had to talk with him.

"Vis?" She called after him.

"Yes, Emma?" He responded.

"Have you talked with Wanda yet?" She called.

"Not yet. I was actually on my way to her." He explained.

"Before you go and confess your feelings. Can you promise me to treat her only with kindness and love?" Emma asked.

"Of course." He nodded easily.

"She only deserves the best, so you better be at that level." She tried to joke through her pain.

"I will take care of her." He reassured Emma.

"That's good to hear." She nodded before leaving him. 

Overall, Wanda always comes first. Her and her happiness would always be the first priority to Emma. Even though she'll break in between.

"Ready for the new year?" Nat asked as soon as she took a seat on the couch.

"Not really. What about you?" She responded.

"I'm so ready for it. Another year to kick everybody's ass in the training." Nat smirked. 

"Oh, fuck you." Emma hit her in the shoulder. 

"Truth hurts, I know." Nat chuckled.

"You don't kick my ass in training." Emma tried to defend herself, but when Nat raised a challenging eyebrow at her she quickly added. "Not that bat at least."

"Well, that is true. You are far better than Sam, and a few others." She nodded. "Don't tell them I said that, though." 

"My lips are sealed." Emma made the 'zipping' motion with her hand.