Chapter 7

Only a few seconds had passed when everyone rushed upstairs while Jim and I were sitting silently in the cramped barrel.

"I think we should get up there before anyone notices we were here," I sniff, and he nods in agreement, not able to relay words just yet. We hurriedly raced up the wooden planks to join the crew, but we were met with the face of Silver, looking as confused as I was terrified.

He looked around and then took a step down the stairs, blocking our escape. "Playing games, aren't we?" He asked casually, and continued taking menacing steps towards us.

"Yeah," I said shortly.

"Yeah, we're playing games," Jim said with a glare, his back against a table as was mine. Who knows what Silver could and would do to us now?

"Oh, I see. Well, I was never much good at games. Always hated to lose," A click came from behind his back from his metal arm, and I could only assume it was nothing good.

I reached behind me ever so slowly and felt something sharp, yet sturdy. Whatever it was, it will have to do with what I'm about to do next.

"Me too!" I yell and plunge the sharp object into his robotic leg. Grabbing Jim's hand, we ran for our lives while SIlver screamed in agony. We race up the stairs and up to the Captain's room, avoiding the other aliens who were admiring the beautiful scenery, oblivious to the fact that their leader had fallen.

Jim opened the door for me and slammed it shut once he and Morph were inside as well, locking the door securely. Immediately, I heard a whistle and knew trouble was coming. Cheering could be heard as footsteps grew closer to the door. Jim informed Amelia about our current situation.

"Pirates on my ship? I'll see them all hanged." Amelia loads and throws a gun to Doppler. "Doctor, familiar with these?"

He holds it away from him like a dirty piece of clothing. "Oh, I've seen... Well, I've read-'' He blasts a nearby pot and it explodes to bits. "Uh, no. No. No, I'm not."

"Here, let me handle that," I say and carefully snatch the weapon away from the Doctor and hold it in firing position at the door.

Right then, someone from the other side began to cut their way into the room with a laser red beam. "Mr. Hawkins! Defend this with your life!" The Captain shouts and tossed a golden orb to him, but I wasn't able to think much about it when Morph snatched the orc in his mouth and started to fly around the room with it.

"Morph! Give me that!" Jim said and snatched the ball back. Amelia drilled a hole in the floor and the four of us jump down the hole right as the door blasted open.

Racing to the escape boat, Doppler continuously tripped and fell repeatedly until we were at yet another doorway. I could see the mob of angry crewmates trying to beat the closing of the door, but the Captain closed it just in time, securing the lock with lasering the metal into molten liquid from her gun.

"To the longboats, quickly!" She ordered, and we wasted no time leaping into the vehicle.

"You know how to operate this thing, Jim?" I ask as Doppler topples into the boat and Amelia opens the floor door. We were directly over a planet, so finding somewhere to hide will not be a problem. At least, not yet.

Before he could answer, however, Morph snatched the orb once again in his mouth and darted away.

"Morph! No!" Jim and I yelled simultaneously. He leaped over the opening to catch the blob. Just then, the door fell open and the crew started blasting away.

"Chew on this, you pus-filled boils!" Amilia roared and aimed her gun towards them, firing at will along with Doppler.

Jim continued struggling to get Morph when the opening started to close, trapping us inside. "Morph, here! Morph!" Jim yelled when I spotted Silver who was looking rather ticked off at our revolt.

Now, caught in-between both Silver and Jim, the little blob was deciding who to return the orb to. I, along with the Captain and the Doctor, were readying to fire at the cables to release the boat.

"Now!" The Captain roared and the three of us blasted the wheel of line holding us over the opening. Jim jumped to the boat just in time as we narrowly descended to the nearby planet. Unfortunately for Jim, he was hanging from the edge of the falling vehicle with only his hands. If he lets go, it'll be certain death for him.

"Jim!" I cried and hauled him to safety. Flipping on my back, Jim landed on top of me right as Amelia released the sail and we gained speed.

"Parameters met. Hydraulics engaged," She listed and a ball of fire was shot towards our direction.

"Captain! Laser ball at 12 o'clock!" Doppler warned, but it was too late. The cannon struck our ship, causing it to blast to pieces on the engine. I was quick on my feet, because I flung myself to protect the feline leader from the explosion.

A wave of heat engulfed me and I was thrown to the back of the boat, losing all consciousness in the process. The last thing I remember was the voice of Jim and the ringing of bells.

-

"Y/N? Y/N! Can you hear me?" I heard a frantic voice yell. Sitting up, a pain in my hip burst throughout my entire being, causing me to grimace. Gripping the soft grass underneath me, I let out a breath to level out my heavy breathing.

"Mr. Hawkins," the voice of the Captain spoke but then groaned, "Oh, don't fuss. Mr. Hawkins, the map if you please. Doctor, make sure Y/N's breathing is steady and will be ready to walk soon."

I opened my eyes to a blinding light with tints of green edging my vision every which way. Getting a better view now, I saw that the four of us had crash landed. When Doppler rushed to my side, I shooed him away.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Just, help me up please." He placed his arm underneath my own and soon I was able to stand on my own two feet with now just a sore muscle here and there. Meanwhile, Jim was yelling at Morph.

"Are you serious? It's back on the ship!?" He tried to catch the bubbly creature, but saw me wobble a bit and rushed to my side. "Are you okay, Y/N?"

"I will when you tell me what's going on. What is the orb supposed to be? And it better be for a good reason enough for me to believe that it was worth dying for."

He sighed, "You're right. It leads to a place named Treasure Planet and holds the riches of a thousand worlds." Something in the back of my mind was ringing a bell, but I couldn't quite grasp the thought fully.

"Stifle that blob and get low," Amelia ordered in a hushed tone. Right then, a ship similar to ours flew over head, no doubt trying to track us down. "We've got company." We hid in our broken ship to stay out of sight.

In one hand, Jim held the mischievous Morph and in the other, he held mine, squeezing the life out of it. I was leaning into his frame to become smaller than I actually was. A moment of silence passed.

"We need a more defensible position. Mr. Hawkins, scout ahead and leave Y/N with us." She handed him a gun while Morph no longer had his playful face on.

"I won't go without Y/N," He argued and placed a hand on my shoulder.

I nodded. "If he were to be attacked, better have me along."

She sighed. "Yes, yes. Alright. Be careful."

The two of us mumbled an 'Aye-aye' and trudged through the dense forest while the Captain fell into Doppler in pain. He soothed her using his British accent and Jim and I hurried through the vegetation with Morph trailing behind.

And I thought that today was going to be relaxing. Guess not.