Line without a hook

It's the full moon jam. All your friends are waiting for your song. Especially Jade. She's basically in love with you. But cos you've been pretty oblivious the past few months, you haven't noticed. You've only been oblivious cos you've been working on this song.

You then walk out onto the stage. You quickly plug the electric guitar in and put the strap over your shoulder. Your turn the mic on and turn to the drummer. You nod. He nods.

The song starts. It soon comes to the down part. Your eyes find Jades.

"Cos there is something and there is nothing
There is nothing in between
And in my eyes there's a tiny dancer
Watching over me.

He's singing she's a she's a lady
And i am not a boy
Singing she's a she's a lady
And i am just a line without a hook

Baby i am a wreck when I'm without you
I need you here to stay
Broke all my bones that day i found you
Crying at the lake

Was it something i said
To make you feel like you're a burden
Oh and if i could take it all back i swear that i
Would pull you from the tide."

The song finishes and the people there cheer. You look away from Jade. She sits stunned. She's never heard you sing before. But it really sticks in her head does this song. It's obviously about her. You take the guitar off your shoulder and put it on the stand. You then leave the stage and go behind it.

Cat sits behind Jade and taps her on the shoulder. Jade turns to her.

"What?" Jade asks.

"Is it not obvious she's basically in love with you too?" Cat asks.

Jade shrugs.

"I dunno." Jade says.

"The song is about you. Go talk to her." Cat says.

Jade nods and walks behind the stage to you. You're sat messing about on your phone, your hands shaking. She takes a deep breath.

"I like the song." Jade says, a little hope in her voice.

You look at her and smile.

"Thanks Jade. I've been pretty busy writing it which is why i haven't been able to hang out with you. Sorry." You say.

"Dont worry about it Y/n. It's a good song. I didn't know you could sing. I've never heard you sing before." Jade says.

"You've never heard me sing?" You ask.

She shakes her head.

"Not once. But you can sing. You have a nice voice." Jade says.

You smile.

"You seem like you need to tell me something." You say.

"I...uh....i do.... well i need to ask you something." Jade says.

"Okay. Ask away." You say.

"Is..... is the song about..... isitaboutme."

You nod.

"Yeah. Yeah it is about you. How'd you figure it out? Was Cat telling you or was it rhe direct eye contact at the end of the song?"

She laughs and so do you.

"And i like you. Very much. Which is why i wrote a song about you." You say.

"I like you too." Jade says.

You smile.

"Okay I'm not gunna do that cliche Hollywood highschool movie bulshit where they kiss and happily ever after cos you reeeally dont like people touching you so, instead as a compromise, would you go on a date with me?" You ask.

She nods.

"Yeah. I will." She says.

She walks over to you and instead of hugging you, like you'd expected, she kisses you. You're taken by surprise. She wraps her arms around your neck. So, you kiss back and put your arms around her waist. She pulls away from the kiss and looks at you.

"What was you saying about me not liking people touching me?" Jade asks.

"Okay how was i to know you were gunna kiss me?" You ask.

She shrugs.

"Thought we knew each other." Jade says.

You laugh and so does she.

"And by the way, i did say yes to your date offer." Jade says.

"I know." You say.

She smiles.

Safe to say, the date went down amazingly and you two got together in the end.