Cooler than me

N/y/n: not your name

If i could write you a song
To make you fall in love
I would already have you up under my arm

You're walking through the halls of Hollywood Arts when you see Jade West. Yes you like Jade West. No she has no idea who you are. Are you surprised? It's Jade West.

She walks up to you and holds her hand out. You look at it, frown and and look at her. She rolls her eyes and grabs your hand. Then she yanks you into the black box. She sits you down in a seat and fishes through her bag for something.

I used up all of my tricks
I hope that you like this
But you probably wont
You think you're cooler than me

She grabs the thing she's after and drops it in your lap.

"Your notes. Figured you should have them back. Thanks N/y/n." Jade says

You roll your eyes.

"That's not my name." You say.

"..... it's not?" Jade asks.

"No. For the 1 millionth time, it's Y/n." You say.

You put the notes away and leave the black box. Leaving Jade with a slight frown on her face.

You got designer shades just to hide your face
And you wear em around like you're cooler than me
And you never say 'hey' or remember my name and
It's probably cos you think you're cooler than me.

The day slowly passes. While you're at your locker, one of Jade's friends walks over to you. It's Tori Vega.

"Hey Y/n." Tori says.

You sigh.

"Gimme the homework and I'll have it done by period 4." You say.

"What? No. I dont have any homework. I wouldn't have asked you to do it. Can we talk about Jade?" Tori asks.

"Uh... sure." You say.

You got your hot brow, shoes on your feet
And you wear em around like it aint shit
But you dont know the way that you look
When your steps make that much noise...
Sshh.

She pulls you into the black box. You sit down. She explains the 'situation' that you didn't even know existed.

"I'm not gunna lie to you Tori, it's pretty annoying that she sent a friend to explain this rather than doing it herself. But then again, she doesn't even bother to remember my name so why would she take time out of her day to talk to me?" You say.

You stand up and leave. Leaving Tori just as confused as Jade was. When you finally get some time alone, you try and figure things out with yourself and Jade.

I got you all figured out
You need everyone's eyes just to feel seen
Behind your make up, nobody knows who you even are
Who do you think that you are?

After spending almost 2 hours tryna figure it out, you stop and just go back to practising. Jade walks past your practise room and just watches while you play along to your favourite song.

She knocks on the door. You look at her and pause the song. You put the guitar on its stand and go open the door.

"What."

"Look, i know you're annoyed at me and for good reason cos i didn't explain the situation to you myself but i have been trying to find you since Vega told me what happened. You have to give me that N/y/n." Jade says.

You roll your eyes and slam the door shut. You go back to playing your song.

"What did i do this time?!"

"YOU FIGURE IT OUT!" You yell, completely frustrated at her.

You got your high brow, switch in your walk
And you dont even look as you pass by
But you dont know the way that you look
When your steps make that much noise sshh

She stands confused.

"N/y/n please-"

"THAT'S NOT MY FUCKIN NAME! FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME!" You yell.

You stand up and go to the door. You swing it open.

"When you decide you wanna be bothered to remember MY NAME I'll consider your offer. But until you get my name right without me having to remind you EVERY TIME YOU TALK, go away." You say.

You slam the door shut again.

I got you all figured out
You need everyone's eyes just to feel seen
Behind your make up, nobody knows who you even are
Who do you think that you are?

Jade stands a little hurt this time. Well it is her fault. You open the door again.

"Your issue is, right, you think you're cooler than me just because you get picked for all the school plays and Sikowitz makes a big deal out of you cos you're in the 'main six' and that's why you cant be bothered remembering my name. That's why I'm annoyed. Now please go away." You say.

You shut the door. Jade stays there.

Cause it sure seems
You got no doubts
But we all see
You got your head in the clouds
If i could write you a song
To make you fall in love
I would already have you up under my arm
I used up all of my tricks
I hope that you like this
But you probably wont
You think you're cooler than me
You got designer shades just to hide your face
And you wear em around like you're cooler than me
And you never say 'hey' or remember my name and
It's probably cos you think you're cooler than me.

She walks into the room and shuts the door.

"I'm sorry." She says.

You look at her.

"I'm just..... i like you and I'm not used to crushing on a girl. It makes me feel different than crushing on a guy. Which is why i end up forgetting your name and coming across as arrogant. I dont mean to do it." Jade says.

"I know. I just needed to yell at you for you to realise just what was happening." You say.

She smiles a little bit. It should be interesting to see where this goes.

Been a while since i gave yall Jade West.... or anything on this book.... anyways. Byeeee :)