This little girl running up the stairs with one pink shoe and the other yellow was the reason I felt happiness again... watching her grow up was my favorite thing. Seeing the new things she discovered, the new words she learned how to speak... I was so grateful for her.

I was glad I had Amber in my life too.

We actually got married last year, nothing big, but we made some friends in this town and she was happy with her work as a personal trainer. We had more than enough money, that wasn't a problem, but we had to keep our minds busy and learn how to live normally again.

This was very hard for her at the beginning, Amber's original line of work wasn't very usual. But she was willing to make a sacrifice for Ella and now she was very happy with what she did. We were happy together.

I loved her and I loved our family. Our house was perfect and we actually adapted to normal life more easily than I thought we would.

I couldn't lie, I missed the action sometimes.

I missed Harry. And I missed Cleo.

Amber was the one who told me the news about their deaths, the FBI let her know the case was closed and that they got an anonymous tip to find Cleo and Harry... obviously from Liam himself.

I completely broke inside and spiraled. It took me long minutes to process her words and I refused to accept it. I knew something was bound to happen, as much as I hated to admit it.

They felt so fucking invincible to me... untouchable even. I just couldn't take it, but they were gone forever. I couldn't undo it.

I had never cried so much in my life and the pain I felt was worse than any gunshot wound. It felt as worse as death itself.

Harry used to be the only person who cared about me. The one who taught me how to be confident and open... who always pushed me to do the things I loved.

We grew together and he was my best friend. I loved him more than words could ever describe, and forcing myself to not think of him was the hardest thing I ever had to do, but it was necessary.

I would never move on, but I couldn't let the pain pull me down. I had to take back control and think of my daughter.

I made a promise to myself that I would never tell Ella about my past and I had to keep her safe. She was my priority, as much as it shattered me to avoid thinking of them.

Trust me, I knew life wasn't fair. I knew they weren't good people, but they were good to me. Harry and Cleo risked their lives to save Gemma and kill Liam, and at least they had succeeded in that. They left no unfinished business and they could finally be at peace.

They deserved some peace.

I tried to see the silver lining, as hard as it was. They'd be running away forever if they were alive, risking getting caught and always living on the edge... this way at least they were together forever.

"Where are we going, daddy?" Ella asked me, following me down the hallway so we could go to the office. "Is it bedtime?"

"Not yet, El," I told her, looking down at her. She was so tiny but she had such intensity behind her eyes... Her attitude often reminded me of Cleo.

And of Amber too... powerful women I knew and had the privilege to have known.

Ella would've gotten along with Cleo, I wished I could see them interacting now.

"This is a grown-up room," Ella said, rushing into the office as soon as I opened the door, eager to break the rules. "Mommy is gonna be mad if we make a mess."