32

Harry Styles

I was helplessly trying to control my brain and my heartbeat for the past hour, but I failed.

Pain was something I was quite used to, and I knew I wasn't very good at handling emotional pain despite enjoying the physical aspect of it so much.

But what if the emotional pain was so strong that it became physical? I learned that I also couldn't handle it very well, it was so fucking different from what I'd experienced before.

I had thrown up several times already and there was nothing left in my stomach but the sour bile.

Every time I thought about Cleo and what happened to her, I would feel sick. It hurt more than all the other times I nearly died during my lifetime.

I was beyond the point of rage, I had reached an emotion I had never felt before. I was devastated, broken, angry, sad, desperate... all mixed up together and suffocating me.

Cleo was somewhere out there and I was currently on my way to Ash's house at six in the fucking morning.

It was extremely difficult to think properly when my own mind was torturing me so much. I kept thinking of Cleo's finger... the way that man talked about her... the way they fucking abused her.

She was strong, I knew that. And I had to be strong for her, too.

Cleo needed me right now and I was going to find her and kill everyone who fucking dared get in my way.

My hands were still shaking as I flexed my fingers on the steering wheel, the broken bones were barely any pain compared to what I was feeling inside.

I kept wondering why Ash had to live so far away from my penthouse, the drive felt like it was taking forever. She was the only one I trusted in this city and the only one who probably knew who had taken Cleo.

I had to force myself to think and be smart, each fucking second mattered now.

Ash knew about the gangs and the guy's voice from the call wasn't Rowley's, but it didn't mean it couldn't be some random man that worked

for him. I just knew she could help me because I had no idea where to start, and I wasn't going to stop or do anything else until I got Cleodora back.

I was going to go after every single gang leader or whatever the fuck they called themselves, kill each one of them until I found which motherfucker fucking dared to lay their disgusting hands on her.

Fuck, I would burn the whole city to the fucking ground if it meant I was going to find her. My head wasn't in a very good place and I was seriously going insane, there was no fucking way she could die.

I didn't plan on going back to that fucking penthouse so soon, so I packed the necessary weapons and ammunition before I made my way to Ash's house.

What sucked was that I didn't have a phone and I didn't waste my time buying one. The kidnapper probably tried to call me again and I fucking hated myself for breaking my phone so carelessly. I lost the opportunity of finding her quickly and each minute gone by could mean her life.

I was so fucking affected by the call that it didn't even occur to me that whoever had taken her wouldn't have a way to contact me anymore. But what if they decided to ignore me and focus only on Cleo? What if they didn't even bother to reach out anymore?

That wouldn't be a problem, nothing could stop me from finding her.

Zayn could've also called me but I doubted he'd even boarded his flight. He had no idea what was going on and it wasn't fair to him now that he was worried about his daughter. This wasn't his fault, it was mine.