61

Harry Styles

"Fuck! I think this fucking wound got infected." Cleo grunted in pain when I was about to bandage her thigh, and I looked more closely to see how bad it was, holding her ankle to keep her leg still on my lap.

Well, it looked a bit swollen and red, but maybe it was because it wasn't a simple graze, the bullet had torn its way through her flesh and this would be a bitch to heal.

I grabbed the antiseptic to clean it again just in case before using the gauze to bandage her leg, and I could feel her intense gaze on me in the process.

She was being too careful around me and I didn't know why, I was okay.

Cleo winced when I was almost done, and I wondered if she was feeling more pain because she was still on her period because she could usually handle much more than this. She told me she was having mild cramps, maybe this made her more sensitive.

We were currently in the living room and Zayn was making us some lunch in the kitchen with the few ingredients we had available, and if it wasn't for him we'd all have forgotten that we needed to eat.

I mean, we hadn't eaten since yesterday... and I hadn't seen my sister since yesterday too. We were functioning on autopilot and we also didn't sleep, there was no fucking way I could close my eyes and even try to sleep after what happened. I knew my nightmares wouldn't be kind to my brain, especially now that I was so vulnerable.

And I couldn't give myself the luxury of feeling any more pain because I wanted to think as clearly as I could, as hard as it was. But I was doing fine given the circumstances, maybe a little shaken up but that's all.

Zayn, Cleo, and I didn't talk much either, to be honest... we had a lot of thinking to do, and we also had to process all the shit that we'd been through in the past 48 hours. We were tired and tense, I knew that.

Liam got away, Ash was killed, and now my sister was in the guest bedroom.

Gemma had been in there since yesterday when we told her about Ash's death, and she simply ran out of the living room and locked herself there right after she called her number. I knew it'd go straight to voicemail, I had no idea what else I could do because I wasn't used to regular grief.

My sister was normal... well, what I meant is that she wasn't used to the shit we were, and she wasn't a psychopath or a killer. She had issues, obviously... but she seemed to be doing much better than me. Even if Ash lied to her about her line of work, it meant my sister got to live a normal life with someone she loved, and it broke me to watch her falling apart right in front of me.

No one deserved to feel this amount of pain, especially us. We'd been through enough and I was very worried about her, I just felt like I had to keep her safe. I still couldn't believe she was really here after all this time.

I tried to convince her to let me in so maybe we could talk or something, but if Gemma said something then I didn't hear it. I could hear her crying, though. She cried so much.

Cleo told me she needed some space, this wasn't about me and we had to think of Gemma... her girlfriend had just died, she woke up very disoriented after disassociating only to find out that I finally remembered her, and I couldn't begin to imagine how she was feeling.

I spent most of my life thinking I was an only child so it was hard for me to know what I should do. Cleo was being helpful but I fucking hated to ask for help, I knew this would make her think of Niall and I didn't want her to feel bad.

Things between us were still a bit tense, but her support right now was probably helping me much more than she thought. She was worried, I knew that... we never expected to be in this situation but now here we were. I found my sister... or maybe she found me.