55

Zayn Malik

"Change the station." Cleo huffed, reaching out her hand to touch the radio, but Harry slapped her hand away and glared at her from the driver's seat.

I was watching their interactions from the backseat and let me tell you, they were literally an old married couple sometimes.

Maybe they were as nervous as me and that's why we were all so restless on our way to the club, I was just glad they weren't fighting about the plan anymore or fighting in general. We were talking about meaningless things and pretending we weren't about to walk into a very dangerous situation.

Harry actually seemed quite calm compared to three days ago, and whatever Cleo did was very welcome, it'd be hard to handle him in a bad mood while we had to go through with our slightly suicidal plan.

I was quite confident, though... The closer we got to the club, the calmer I felt, even though it was supposed to be the opposite. That's why I freaked out before any important job or meeting, I just let all the anxiety out so when the time came, I was prepared.

Harry wasn't like me, he was always anxious, which led him to being impulsive when he shouldn't. And Cleo was a mix of both of us, even though she had her reasons to be on edge and nervous more than any of us tonight. But she seemed deadly calm and also confident about this, it was kinda scary to see her like this.

I had never worked with them together on an actual plan that could involve some action, I was used to helping in the background and just kinda being the brains whenever they were stupid, which was recurrent.

Harry and Cleo were too emotional, as much as they tried to prove otherwise sometimes. Cleo was the worst, I was a bit wary of her emotions because I knew that we were gonna see Liam tonight... and I really hoped she would stick to the plan so we could be safe in the end, and not do things her own way without letting me know.

She told me she wouldn't be dumb, but it really wasn't her choice. I mean, her emotions were unbalanced for quite a while now and she was unpredictable. This whole situation was a trigger, precisely because she was about to kidnap the man who killed her brother... and he was also the man who played her and slept with her to get info on her family.

That's why I was here, I was gonna do my best to keep her safe and help her with whatever she needed, because I knew she could do this regardless of how challenging it could be for her mind.

Cleo was the best in what she did, much better than Harry for sure. It was one of the reasons why I accepted to come with her without being too scared of failing, she had a lot of experience and the fact this was personal could actually mean she'd focus more.

We had two options: either she lost her shit and killed everyone in that club, risking our lives and giving me a damn headache... or she would carefully stick to the plan and do her best to get Liam out of there as soon as we could, because that meant she'd get to kill him quicker.

I was hoping the second option was going to be correct because Harry would kill me if we died. He'd find a way to bring me back just to kill me again if anything happened to Cleo, but I would also hate myself if that was the case.

She was my friend, I cared about her well being and I wanted this to work. I knew Harry needed her in his life and the last thing I wanted was for either of them to get hurt.

I was going kinda like a cover-up to back her up, I knew Cleo didn't actually need me for her plan once we were inside the club. But knowing I'd be there to help her and make sure it all worked out was essential.

I wasn't impulsive, I literally transformed into someone else when I had to do shit related to work. I was used to putting on a show to keep people in their places and scare them off. But unlike Harry, I didn't go around killing people to make them fear me... they knew me well enough.