12

Harry Styles

"Are you sure you're gonna trust me with this? I have never tattooed anyone before." Cleo told me, chuckling nervously as she tried to pretend she wasn't freaking the fuck out.

God, she looked beautiful today.

I was already sitting down on one of the leather reclinable chairs, right next to a small table where Ash kept her supplies. I told Cleo I was going first because my plan was to see if she could let go a little and feel more comfortable, I knew she didn't like strangers around.

But I was sure her ego was enjoying Ash's presence very much, she practically idolized Cleo and she was scared shitless of her.

She heard rumors about both of us running away after what happened, but she had no idea we ran away together and that we were actually together.

According to her, we were a 'killer power couple', and she kept laughing at her own jokes.

I often forgot how people thought we still hated each other probably, not everyone knew about the trafficking and my father and Catherine's plan of faking a truce. Only the FBI knew Cleo and I ran away together, and I didn't know if that was helpful or not.

We were a long way from home, but word traveled fast when it came to criminals. Considering most businesses were run by important families and middle-aged men like my father, you can expect they'd enjoy gossiping. I was sure they were all talking about my father and Catherine's death, it was probably the most exciting thing that ever happened in their boring lives.

But I'd spent quite some time in L.A. a few years ago, Ashley's grandfather actually helped me have the idea for Checkmate and he used to be close friends with my father. Of course, dear Desmond eventually cut ties with anything west coast related because he wanted to focus only on New York.

Ashley and I stopped talking too, but we used to hang out so much whenever I was in the city that it didn't feel weird. She was also friends with Zayn and she'd always join us at parties and shit like that.

Most of the time getting more girls than we ever could. We hadn't fucked, despite Cleo's jealous expression whenever Ash talked to me or touched my arm. We were just very good friends and I trusted her a lot, she knew I hated my father and she had faced the same problems with her family, which was why she stayed with her grandad until he passed away.

Her parents didn't approve of her sexual orientation, she struggled way more than I did when I started hooking up with guys. Her mother was a cunt and she kicked her out, and that's how Ashley got in the business.

As soon as she moved in with her grandfather in L.A., she was transported into this world and she realized that his money didn't come from random investments. He was a famous drug dealer in the area and she started helping him, and now that he was dead I knew that she was in charge.

He died about two years ago, I remembered calling her when I heard the news.

I used to think I could understand what she was feeling because she lost the one person who supported who she truly was no matter what, and I felt the same way when my mother died.

What a fucking joke... I felt pathetic now.

"Tattoo a dick on his forehead," Ashley spoke up before she went back on focusing on whatever drawing she was working on for Cleo's choice of tattoo.

She didn't tell me her idea, she said it was a secret. So while Ash worked on that, why not have Cleo tattooing me in the meantime?

It wasn't hard, I had learned a bit from all my years at Checkmate and if it was something small and not very detailed then pretty much anyone could do it. I didn't mind if it came out weird or too thick, what mattered was that she was doing it.