"Baby, I'm back. I found our weapons in the living room." Harry rushed back into the room, glancing at Liam's body. "Already?"

"It's done," I said simply, taking his hand when he offered to help me stand up from the floor, making the pain seem like an electric shock. "Jesus fuck! How's Gemma?"

"She left." He told me with tears in his eyes. "Let's go."

I nodded, holding his arm for some balance as we walked out of this small room. It was sad if you stopped to think about it... overestimating yourself and working on a plan that meant nothing at the end.

Maybe Liam knew he'd fail... maybe he wanted to. Maybe he didn't even think about it much, because he certainly failed. It was almost impossible to understand someone else's motives, but it didn't matter.

We walked into the living room, and I could see our weapons on top of the old brown leather couch. This was a small house and barely furnished, I only saw two other rooms in the hallway and I now I could see the doorway that led to an empty kitchen-

Harry suddenly stopped walking and I groaned in pain because I wasn't expecting him to.

And then he turned to look at me with wide eyes... and that's when I heard the footsteps outside.

Shit.

I hated that a part of me was already expecting this.

A tear streamed down his face but he didn't say anything, he walked slowly towards the couch and he grabbed our guns, making his way back to where I was so he could hand one to me.

"Don't move." He whispered, silently walking towards the kitchen now and briefly returning with his gun already loaded. "They're around the house."

"Gemma's out," I told him.

"We're not." Harry was still crying, and maybe I was just too tired to cry.

His breaths became more uneven and I knew he was about to panic, so I reached out my hand to intertwine our fingers as I loaded my own gun. I could hear the whisperers coming from outside and I knew what would follow. We both knew it, deep down... this was Liam's backup plan after all.

Harry squeezed my hand and I squeezed his back, it was only a matter of seconds now but our guns were ready.

We heard more footsteps and guns being loaded, and I was very dizzy because of the blood loss. My thigh was still bleeding and my head was numb by now.

"I love you," Harry whispered, letting out a deep breath.

"I love you," I whispered back, and he pulled me back so we could hide between the wall separating the hallway from the living room.

I was limping, leaving a trail of blood behind as we waited.

We were ready, though.

Harry's tears mixed with the blood on his face and I looked up at him, meeting those vibrant green eyes that used to annoy me, and then started to captivate me.

And a loud noise interrupted my thoughts as the front door was broken.

"FBI!" The male voice echoed around the living room and my finger was already on the trigger. Harry and I were on the same page, there was no way we would turn ourselves in and get arrested.

And Cleodora Horan would not die without taking some motherfuckers down with her.

Harry and I moved at the same time, stepping out of our hiding spot and opening fire, maybe we could escape through the kitchen window if they all focused in the front of the house, but getting there would mean running.

I couldn't run.

We shot them aiming for the head because of their bulletproof vests, managing to kill about four agents before we hid again, hearing as they shouted and kept shooting at us.

The gunshots were making my head hurt even more and I couldn't even think, watching as Harry reloaded his gun and stepped into the living room to start shooting again.

I followed him, focusing on shooting the men that were walking closer to me, and a bullet grazed my shoulder. I was already in so much pain that I didn't care, doing my best to aim for their heads before they crouched down behind the couch.

And I glanced sideways to find Harry right when a bullet went through his chest.

My heart stopped and my eyes were the widest they had ever been. Other two gunshots followed and I watched as Harry fell down on the floor.

Everything around me sounded muffled and in slow motion, my body moved on its own towards him and I tried to run... but I couldn't.

I felt the gunshot before I could reach Harry, maybe I heard it maybe I didn't. Everything hurt too much already and I could only focus on him.

My body fell on the floor less than a foot away from him and I ignored the pain irradiating from the bullet in my own chest now.

I kept my eyes on Harry and I dragged myself closer to him, ignoring everything else around me. We were in our bubble, like we always were.

I managed to hold his hand and his eyes were rolling back, unfocused.

"I'm here." I tried to whisper, hoping he'd listen.

I could taste my own blood in the back of my throat and I coughed, using all the strength I had left to stay with him and make sure he knew he wasn't alone.

My body was trying to slip away but I couldn't, he needed me.

Tears streamed down my face as I watched his eyes becoming lifeless, his heavy breathing slowly became nothing and I never felt so much pain in my life.

And I kept repeating the same words over and over in my mind, but I didn't know if I said them out loud. I needed him to know I was here, even if he wasn't here anymore.

I needed him to know we were together, he didn't have to be afraid. I was here...

"Inhale..." I whispered, breathing heavily through my mouth and almost choking on my own blood again as I tried to keep talking... but I was fading away... it hurt too much. "1, 2, 3..."