Harry was already on his feet, stepping closer to me with his blood-covered hand and wild eyes. His hair was loose now and a damp mess of blood and sweat, and he didn't say anything when he proceeded to untie my wrists.

I slowly stretched my arms and watched as he untied my ankles now, and I instantly winced when he touched my leg.

"Fuck!" I grunted in pain, taking deep breaths when he looked deep into my eyes. "I'm okay, baby."

He nodded, helping me up from the chair very carefully. I needed a few seconds to breathe and lock the pain away, I could still limp and force myself to walk. I'd been shot before, I was okay.

I looked around the room to see if maybe I found our weapons or a knife, but I didn't. But I remembered that I had a small one hidden in my boots, so I checked it to see if they had unarmed me completely.

It took me extra seconds to lean down and find the knife, my hand started to shake because of the pain but I wrapped my fingers around the small silver handle.

Harry was untying Gemma as I walked closer to Liam now, and his breathing sounded just as bad as he looked.

I pitied him... he wanted closure. We all did.

He wanted it so desperately that nothing else mattered, not even himself.

"Please." He whispered, opening one of his swollen eyes. "Just kill me."

His words did surprise me a little, but maybe he was past the stage of denial and he finally accepted that he was weak. He learned it the hard way, but we all did.

Liam had a plan that made sense to him... he wanted revenge because he was tired of hurting and feeling alone. Maybe he even blamed himself too.

And I was going to give him what he wanted.

"Get Gemma out of here." I glanced at Harry.

He nodded, grabbing her by her elbow before she even had the chance of saying anything.

Gemma was very confused and traumatized, I felt so bad for her. She didn't deserve this and now she had another thing to add to her list of painful memories.

Harry grabbed Liam's gun from the floor and I watched as he walked out of the room with Gemma, but I knew he'd be back soon. He wasn't going to drive her anywhere or stay with her, he told me he was going to stay away from her now.

His guilt was enough motivation and I knew Gemma was scared. This was the best option for her. And I knew he would never leave me.

"All of this for nothing, Liam." I cleared my throat, tasting the blood in my mouth before I limped closer to his body on the floor. "Was it worth it?

Destroying yourself?"

"You're going to die." He whispered. "Harry too. And I'll see you in hell."

"I don't believe in Hell," I told him, grunting in pain as I sat on the floor right next to him because I couldn't crouch. "I promised myself my face would be the last thing you'd see before you died... this is for Niall."

Liam kept looking at me, struggling to breathe because of his crushed jaw and nose, but I didn't have enough strength for a slow death. My whole body was throbbing in pain and it took all of me to manage to hold his head still so I could slit his throat.

He choked on his own blood as I cut a deep gash on his flesh, making his blood gush everywhere.

Life was a funny thing... it took seconds to erase years lived. So fucking easily. I had mercy on Liam, he was lucky I could barely move. A slit throat was an act of kindness... because he wanted to die.