And I meant what I said, I wanted them to meet my daughter. Harry was my best friend and Cleo was also very important to me, and I wanted to show them how proud I was of Ella.

It was funny how I missed her... even if I hadn't spent much time with her in person. I missed her a lot and I wondered if she had changed in these days I hadn't seen her.

God, I couldn't wait to go back to New York.

It would be entertaining to see Harry and Cleo interacting with a baby, though. Of course I'd be careful, but this was gonna be priceless.

I groaned under my breath when I finally stood up from the couch, my legs felt weak and I was still covered in blood. I desperately needed a shower and new bandages, some painkillers, and some water.

The sky was a clear shade of blue today, and I slowly looked around the living room as I yawned. There were bullet holes all over the place, but there were no cases anymore or blood... or bodies.

Fuck, did Cleo and Harry clean everything up already? They probably didn't sleep at all, this definitely took hours because there were a lot of bodies and blood.

I knew they had experience with it, but I had a feeling Harry did this for Gemma.

I mean, his sister had just found out her brother was a killer and that he had hidden a lot of shit from her. It was to keep her safe, but Gemma was hurt enough because of Ash already. Her girlfriend had also lied to her and kept a secret life from her, and now Harry did the same... and it was a little worse because she literally found dead bodies inside a freezer... inside a room full of weapons.

Harry probably didn't even remember about them, this was so normal to us.

But Gemma was very traumatized and in shock, I was just glad she managed to help me last night, or else I'd still have a bullet inside me.

I knew Cleo was nervous, that's why she didn't do it on her own. She didn't even notice but her own hands were shaking a bit and she was on edge and so worried about Harry.

He was probably feeling terrible and I wondered if Gemma had left already. She had to go to Colorado and pretend this never happened, it was the best choice for her.

This whole situation sucked because she just found her long lost brother and now look what happened.

I started to make my way towards the kitchen after I stretched my arms, limping just a bit because the pain wasn't as much as I expected. I took slow steps and the penthouse was too quiet.

"Hi." Cleo nearly scared the shit out of me when I walked into the kitchen, she was leaning against the counter with a mug in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

There were dark circles around her blue eyes and they seemed lighter today. Her blonde hair was tied up in a messy bun and she was wearing jeans and a simple black tank top, revealing the bruises that hadn't faded at all from around her neck.

She brought the cigarette up to her lips so she could inhale some smoke, keeping her eyes on me as I walked closer to the fridge so I could get a bottle of water.

"Good morning," I said, clearing my throat. The kitchen was very clean too and I furrowed my eyebrows before I stepped closer to her, leaning against the counter right next to where she was.

"How did you sleep?" She asked, taking a sip of her coffee now.

"Really well, actually. But my head hurts." I sighed, glancing sideways at her.

"I told you not to get drunk." She snorted. "I'm glad you're better. You should shower first, so we can change the bandages and get you some painkillers. And you should eat something too."