Zayn didn't mind that I told Gemma about him, he helped me explain a few things and he said we were here in L.A. again because he was supposed to have a few meetings with Ash. The story was that I traveled with him because I wanted to show Cleo the city, and we knew the truth about the business, but I made it seem like I was never involved.

I had talked about this with Cleo: what would be safer for my sister to know. I hadn't been thinking of the whole picture and Cleo reminded me that we would be putting Gemma in danger by telling her the whole truth, that's why I just had to think of something else.

There was no fucking way I'd let Liam or anyone use Gemma against me and risk her life, as much as I wanted to be completely honest with her about who I was. I was actually a bit curious about how she'd react, but her safety was my priority.

She always took care of me, it was my turn now.

I wanted to tell her a bit about myself too, I planned on being honest about the shit I went through with Desmond and I'd shape the truth into something safe for her to know. Leaving out the part that I was a killer or that I was adopted by my trafficker...

Gemma would break if she knew, and it was too late now. Nothing could change the past and I wanted my sister to have a future, there was no way I could risk her life.

She excused herself when she was crying too much and she told us she needed some time alone, and at least I had more time to think about what I would tell her tomorrow. I also wanted to ask about her life and what her plans were, and even though I was scared shitless of being alone with Gemma, I also wanted to.

I hated seeing her in so much pain, I was willing to give her as much time as she needed to process this.

"Did you fall asleep?" Cleo suddenly asked, poking my cheek right where my dimple would indent, but maybe she forgot I had an ugly bruise there because of Zayn's punch, and the pain sent a chill down my spine.

"No, I'm awake." I smiled at her, opening my eyes. "This feels nice, thank you."

"I've been wanting to take a bath in here ever since we arrived in L.A.." Cleo chuckled, her cheeks were a cute shade of pink and she looked so fucking beautiful.

Her blonde hair was up in a bun and few loose strands of hair framed her face, her blue eyes were clearer tonight and her arms were now stretched on the edge of the jacuzzi as she tapped her fingers mindlessly.

I couldn't help but lower my eyes, admiring her naked body like it was the first time I was seeing it. The water was clear and still, and her full breasts were half-submerged, her hardened nipples caught my attention even though the water was hot.

She was looking at me too, I could tell... so I was gonna give her a small show. Her gaze was focused on my hands as I slowly twisted my rings, and then I pushed my wet hair off my face, feeling as my muscles flexed in the process before I looked at her again.

And she was staring with parted lips and dilated pupils already.

"Gemma likes you," I told her with a small smile.

"I'm incredible, of course she does." Cleo joked, but she was probably just as nervous as me about my sister.

"Thank you again... for spending time with her and making her feel more comfortable." I took a deep breath, stretching my legs and watching as Cleo moved closer to me in the jacuzzi.

She surprised me when she grabbed my arm and then guided me to move forward so she could sit behind me, and I wasn't expecting it at all when she started massaging my shoulders. Her thighs were resting around my waist and my whole body tingled in response.