↠over it? (haruyoung)

Couple: Watanbe Haruto and Kim Doyoung.

requested by: @1010349k

The past (?) couple here is Harukyu (Surprise surprise, I can't resist good angst ok?)

Kind of messed up .

  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today Doyoung was getting ready to attend a funeral.

 It wasn't anyone too close to him ,so he didn't have much remorse.  But it was his brother's best friends funeral. He had met the guy a couple of times. He seemed  like a very bright person. But he had never exchanged more than 2 sentences with him, which was unfortunate because according to his brother they would have gotten along well.

His brother was deeply mourning the loss of his closest friend. And Doyoung being the sweet brother he was stayed by his side and gave him a shoulder to lean on.

 Doyoung looked at himself in the mirror and fixed his clothes before exiting his room. He walked up to his brother's room and knocked the door.

"Jihoon hyung? Are you ready? We have to leave soon," he said in a soft voice. Hearing no response he opened the door to be met with his brother who was seated on his bed looking at the picture of his best friend. Doyoung sighed and sat next to him and held his shoulder.

Jihoon looked at Doyoung with a sullen face. Doyoung couldn't do much. So he let his brother grieve. "why him?" asked Jihoon as tears streamed down his face. Jihoon's best friend, Junkyu was killed in a car crash. A typical drunk driver hit an oncoming driver. The driver got a life sentence to prison, but that gave Jihoon no comfort.

"He will be alright now hyung, he is watching over you. Besides, he wouldn't be pleased if you kept crying because of him," said Doyoung. Jihoon looked up at the ceiling and wiped his tears. He let out a breath and stood up.

"Let's go," said Jihoon as he exited the room. Doyoung sighed and followed his brother. He got their car keys and locked the door. He started the car and drove towards the location with directions from Jihoon. 

They got down at the funeral home. They were earlier than most since Jihoon had his job as one of the chief mourners along with Junkyu's family and Boyfriend. Doyoung had only come to accompany his brother so he stayed by his brother's side. 

They walked into the altar hall where Junkyu's photo and body was kept. Jihoon looked up at the setting and let out a shaky breath. Doyoung patted his brother's shoulder. 

"Jihoon hyung," some one called out. The two brothers turned back and looked at the person. Doyoung thought he would see someone he didn't know. But for some reason that face was familiar to him.

"Haruto," said Jihoon as he approached the taller male.

Haruto.

That rung a bell in Doyoung's head.

...

"Doyoung hyung! I don't understand the 5th chapter in Chemistry," whined a young boy who was clearly  indistressed..

"Don't worry Haru I'll teach you. It's very easy," said Doyoung ruffling the youngers hair.

"Thank you hyung!" Said Haruto as he hugged the older. Doyoung's heart beat fastened a little. Yes he was crushing on the boy who looked at him like an older brother or maybe just a tutor. He thought he was stupid for it, but then wouldn't everyone who fell in love become stupid?

Doyoung spent most of his evenings tutoring Haruto who was a slow learner but a very hard working person. Haruto was interested in dance rather than studies. But he still worked hard to maintain a good enough grade in order to pursue his passion with approval from his parents.

This made Doyoung fall for the boy a little more everyday, that and his annoyingly handsome face.

Doyoung's eyes widened. What was he doing here? Surely Doyoung was over that crush from years ago. But he was still confused about Haruto's presence and his relationship with Jihoon. Doyoung followed Jihoon towards the boy. It was very evident that the two had cried. Red and swollen eyes. Jihoon gave Haruto a reassuring hug.

He looked towards Doyoung and said "This is my younger brother, Doyoung," Jihoon said. Haruto's eyes showed some recognition. "Aren't you?" Haruto started pointing at Doyoung.

"Yes I am," said Doyoung chuckling a little. Haruto gave Doyoung a sweet smile. Jihoon looked confused at the two. "We went to the same school. He used to tutor me," said Haruto. Jihoon slightly nodded understandingly. 

"You knew Junkyu?" asked Haruto to Doyoung. Doyoung shook his head. "Not really but I met him a couple of times. What about you?" asked Doyoung unable to contain his curiosity.

"He was my boyfriend," said Haruto with a sad smile. Doyoung felt a slight pang in his heart. He didn't know if it was due to his sympathy or heartbreak. 

"I'm so sorry for your loss," Doyoung said. Haruto just nodded.

Jihoon and Haruto then left to go and stand in the altar with their place as chief  mourners. Doyoung was left alone but he didn't mind. 

Haruto grew up to be even more handsome than he was at school. Doyoung wanted to deny that he was still attracted to Haruto. But to be frank, who wouldn't be. He was sweet, charming and talented. Doyoung made a mental note to try and stay in contact with Haruto after, for old times sake.

He saw his brother , Haruto and 3 other people greet everyone who came to pay respects to Junkyu. Doyoung had gone to a number of funerals in his life time, but he had never seen so many people at one. Doyoung too went and paid his respect.

At the end of the first day, everyone gathered to play go-stop as per tradition. Doyoung spotted his brother and Haruto at the corner of the room. He walked up towards them and took a seat next to them. Jihoon held Doyoung's hand, which he often did when he was sad. Doyoung hugged his brother a little, knowing how hard it must be. Haruto saw this gesture of the two brothers and felt envious since he was the only child.

The two males had rejected the offer to play the game. Doyoung wanted to lighten their moods a little but didn't know how to.

Doyoung started some small talk, to which the two responded positively to. Doyoung was able to get their minds off the present for a while. Doyoung didn't know how to comfort the two because he knew that they lost someone precious, which he never experienced.

By the end of their talk, Doyoung was slowly getting back to crushing on Haruto. He was confused. He was at the funeral of someone Haruto loved. How could he start crushing on Haruto here? Doyoung knew he couldn't do much. So he decided to keep his feelings to himself for ever. Unless there was scope for him. Which he thought was non existent.

But unknown to him, a certain person sur-named Watanbe too crushed on him when he was younger too.

And as the saying goes. A heart break is healed with time and love.

_______

I'm leaving this story open ended so ya'll can imagine what you want ✌

Double update cus I'm going to be dead after this :)