Part 1

September 9th 11:12pm

The bus was empty and the air inside was crisp. It was so cold I had to wear my gloves and hat in the bus. I had a long way till I was back home so I decided to crack in to my book. Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I had been recommended this book by many friends so I decided I should get it.  The bus started slowing at another bus stop and a tall, dark haired man entered the bus. He had a red beanie on and the rest of his clothes were dark. His skin was soft looking and his hair was a warm brunette and it curled softly around his face. His eyes were a dark and mysterious brown colour. He looked over to me as he walked to the seat opposite me. I continued reading as I heard a soft whisper 

"It's a good book."

I was taken back by the stranger talking to me in the middle of the night. I turned my head to face the stranger head on. I was struck by his beauty immediately. His jaw line was strong and his eyes were soft and open.

"Oh is it? I haven't read much but I've been recommended it by a lot of people."

He flashed a quick smile at me before running his fingers through his hair.

" I read a lot and I have to say that is one of the best books I've read. I'm James by the way"

He reached his hand out to me and I shook it. The icy coldness of his hand startled me and I quickly retreated my hand back to the warmth of my seat. 

"I'm sorry it's cold outside." He said as he rubbed his hands together quickly

"I know it's freezing. Sorry I'm Cecily. It's nice to meet you James."

I turned my attention back to the book but I could still feel his eyes burning into my neck.

"I don't mean to be rude James, but can I help you with something? It's just it's late and.."

"Oh sorry I shouldn't stare.. I just can't seem to get over how beautiful you are."

I looked at him from over my book and scoffed and looked down. Even the handsome ones turn out to be creeps. 

"Sorry that was cliche I shouldn't have said that."

There was a long 10 minute pause before he spoke up again but this time he moved to sit next to me. I could smell is cologne and it smelt heavenly. I was not startled by him. I was intrigued. 

September 9th 11:54pm

"So Cecily have you got far to travel?"

I looked up and closed my book as I knew I wouldn't get much more time for reading with his incessant chatter. Not that I was complaining. 

"About an hour from the city center. My apartment is just down from the next stop."

"Oh right. Let me guess you're a.."

His eyes closed and a small smile crept into his mouth as he began to tap his temple with his right index finger "You're an artist aren't you?"

I looked at him startled 

"Yes I.. I am how can you tell?" 

He laughed and pointed to my bag where I had several paint brushes sticking out from. I rolled my eyes and hit his left arm. Why am I touching this man? There's something different about him. I don't feel threatened.. I feel strangely safe

"So let me guess James you're some big shot entrepreneur who owns every building in town?"

He laughed and reached for his bag. He took out a Harvard book and showed me his section on filming "I'm a professor here. I teach media studies and the occasional acting class." 

"Oh you enjoy acting? I'm not really into the whole movie or TV scene. I barely watch TV if I'm honest. I think I'd prefer to stick to books."

"How can you know if you've never seen anything good. Like Pulp fiction or Fear of Loathing In Vegas?"

"I don't have the time to sit around watching movies. I prefer to go and spend my time exploring or expanding my knowledge. I doubt movies will help that."

"Listen Cecily. I have so many incredible movies at my place. You should swing by sometime and I'll let you watch my favourites. I promise you'll change your mind."

September 10th 00:06am

My stop drew near and the bus driver signalled for me to get off. I was a frequent passenger of his. He let me ride for free at night. 

"I'll think about it James. It was nice meeting you."

"You too Cecily."

As I got off the bus and began the walk down the dark street I heard the bus trundle away. I still felt giddy from the stranger I had met. He had this aura about him. I was captivated. 

I got into my flat and placed my bag on the side. I noticed my Life of Pi book had a small set of squiggles on it. As I held it up to the light it read '06789998212 J x' I shook my head and smiled and the thought of seeing James again. I decided I would message him. He seemed a laid back down to earth kind of guy. He didn't seem to different or outrageous. I thought to myself why not? I'll contact him tomorrow.