[ 𝟑𝟓 ]

The night sky was clear, unlike the one you would find in the city. Stars were scattered across the midnight blue space as they twinkled brightly. The moon was at the top of the sky and peered over us with its radiant smile.

"Look," Hendery pointed upwards. A bright streak of silvery-white spread across the sky. A few more shiny streaks followed it.

"Shooting stars!"

Both of us clapped our hands together and shut our eyes. It is said that you should make a wish on shooting stars. Hendery opened his eyes and gazed at me when he was done.

"What did you wish for?" he asked.

"That's a secret, Dery," I winked.

The both of us turned our attention back to the night sky. Earlier, we were looking at constellations but we got tired soon and ate some snacks that I had brought. Now, we laid down on a picnic blanket and held hands together.

"Mingxia?" he sat up. "I wanted to give you something."

Hendery handed me a bouquet filled with flowers. The flowers had five baby blue petals with a yellow center. The center looked like a mini flower and white lines stretched outwards from the center.

"These are for you."

"Wow, they're so beautiful!" I thanked Hendery.

"Do you know what these are called?" I shook my head.

"Forget-me-nots" Hendery looked me in the eyes. "Mingxia?"

"Yes?"

"Promise me," he held my hand once again. "No matter what happens, you won't forget me."

"Of course not."

Hendery lifted my right hand and lightly kissed the back of it with his smooth lips.

"Thank you."