[ 𝟐𝟕 ]

Today, Hendery was over at my house. Since we were both in the same English class, we decided to work on our assignment together. It was a bit confusing but talking it out with someone—in this case, Hendery—made it easier.

"How would you say this in English?" I underlined a sentence in my English notebook with my index finger.

Hendery turned his head and looked at my textbook. He scooted closer, our shoulders touching and pointed at the next page.

"That's where they explain how to form those types of sentences," Hendery said. "It's a little confusing but if you switch steps 2 and 3 then it will make much more sense."

I nodded and grabbed my notebook. Glancing over at the sentence again, I tried the method Hendery told me. Surprisingly, it worked like magic.

"Thanks, Dery."

"Your welcome," he showed his notebook to me. "Did you get this one for question 6?"

"Actually, in that case, it's a big brown bear and not a brown big bear."

"Really?" Hendery raised his eyebrows. I nodded and flipped to the page with the answers.

"English has weird rules," he rewrote his sentence.

"I think all languages have weird rules," I nodded.

"Well, thank you for helping me out," Hendery grinned.

"You're welcome."

I was going to go back to studying but something else happened. Hendery wrapped his arms around me. He wore a big smile on his face. My cheeks flushed like the color of his t-shirt -- yes it was pink, he likes pink -- and I looked at him. Hendery's eyes twinkled under the light. The next moment, he let go and cleared his throat.

"It was just a hug for helping me," Hendery scratched the back of his neck.

"It's okay," I reassured him. "You didn't do anything wrong so, um, you don't need to be worried?"

I had no idea what I was saying.

"Thank you," I whispered.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a huge smile appear on his face.

Not gonna lie, that hug was comfortable. Surprising and random but warm, just like Hendery.