[ 𝟏𝟖 ]

The soft macaroni coated with cheddar cheese and butter melted in my mouth. The creaminess was just perfect. It felt like I was in paradise surrounded by cheese. 6 people — Yangyang, Hendery, his three sisters, and I — sat at the dining table. The wooden table was covered with a silky white tablecloth that was bordered with lace. The chairs on the two heads of the table were empty; Hendery's parents were on a business trip.

As we had decided, the three of us gathered that night for a sleepover. This time, it was held at Hendery's house.

"Mmmh, this is so good!" Hendery's sister, the one opposite Yangyang, exclaimed.

"Yeah, you guys succeeded in cooking macaroni and cheese," the girl in front of me swallowed another spoonful. "I didn't think you guys could do it but the three of you proved me wrong."

All three of us thanked Hendery's sisters and continued eating dinner while chatting. It was nice to meet Hendery's family.

Crystal, the eldest in the family, sat opposite Hendery. She was supportive of Hendery and her younger siblings. Cecilia, the one across from me, was the one who was proper and well-mannered. Well, they all were, but she was the one your parents would use as an example. Catherine, the girl facing Yangyang, was one of the most chill humans I had ever met. She's not afraid to speak the truth.

Later, I sat down on the fuzzy grey rug and swallowed a spoonful of chocolate ice cream.

"Delicious!"

"Thanks," Hendery replied and leaned back on the wall. "Catherine made this for the first time."

"Mmm tell your sister that it's awesome!" Yangyang added.

The three of us had come upstairs to enjoy ice cream after dinner. Then, we set up tents for indoor camping. One of our activities on our summer list included camping but for some reason, my mom and Yangyang's parents disagreed. When we asked them for the reason, they just brushed it off and said that we should just listen to them. Neither of us wanted to get in trouble so we came up with the idea of indoor camping. It's also much safer since no actual fire or bugs is flying around.

After a while of game time, Yangyang and Hendery asked me to teach them how to make bracelets. I had brought my beads, strings, and charms along with me. We planned to make bracelets for each other. I made one for Yangyang who made one for Hendery and he made one for me.

When I finished Yangyang's bracelet, I turned around to look for him. Hendery had already finished his and put it on my arm. This time, the bracelets were all rainbow-themed.

"Where's Yangyang?" I asked Hendery who shrugged in reply.

"I'm not sure, he didn't even finish his bracelet last time I checked."

"Well, I'm not too sure about what you just said," I pointed at the rainbow bracelet on Hendery's right hand. His eyes widened with surprise when he noticed it.

"I just felt chills down my spine," Hendery chuckled nervously. "I swear this wasn't here before, he must've put it on secretly."

"Which means Yangyang must be secretly-"

A pillow hit Hendery on the side which caused him to fall on his other side.

"...hiding somewhere."

Yangyang stood on the bed with a mischievous grin on his face. He snatched another pillow from behind while Hendery got on his feet.

"Bring it on, little sheep."

Hendery flung a pillow at Yangyang's face who defended himself with his pillow. The pillow got tossed to the side and I quickly threw it at Yangyang who fell.

"Gotcha."

We continued our pillow fight and laid on the bed facing the ceiling laughing.

"Kunhang, you guys will break the wall!" Cecilia yelled from the other room which cracked us up even more.

Yangyang and I cleaned up the pillow mess while Hendery set up the TV to watch some movies. Like last time, we ended up watching horror movies. I sat at one end of the bed and Yangyang plopped down next to me. He passed a bowl of butter popcorn and I gladly accepted. After taking a fistful, I passed it in the other direction. In the middle of the movie, I felt Yangyang jump a little.

I leaned in and whispered in his ear, "You can hug me if you're scared."

"I'm not scared, I was just surprised." Yangyang scoffed and straightened his back.

"Oh okay, if you say so."

Yangyang flinched a few more times but tried not to show it. I have no idea why he tried to hide it. Not like it would offend any of us, it is a horror movie after all. It's totally fine to be scared. By the end of the movie, Hendery had screamed many times and threw popcorn at Yangyang who returned a glare to him. I started picking popcorn off of Yangyang's fluffy brown hair.

"Hey, don't make her do all the work," Hendery commented.

"Oh, it's totally fine, not a problem for me," I said. "I, um..."

I find it cute.

"Yeah, it's cool. I'll clean up Mingxia."

"Too late, she's finished now," Hendery said. "Be a gentleman next time."

"Says the one who threw the popcorn all over us," Yangyang rolled his eyes.

We continued to watch more movies until my stomach made a rumbling sound. My cheeks flushed and I apologized.

"Don't be sorry," Hendery laughed, not in a mocking way.

"Yeah, it's normal body stuff," Yangyang added. I nodded without a word.

"Hendery, you should get some midnight snacks." Yangyang grinned and Hendery gave him an uninterested look.

"Let's decide by rock paper scissors," Hendery suggested.