[ 𝟓 ]

Suddenly, Hendery grabbed my hand and we also ran as fast as we could. The young lady chased us, trying to catch up to us. Unfortunately, she caught Hendery and I and stopped us.

"Look, both of you, stay right over here, I'll find your friend," she stated firmly. "Stealing someone's wallet is not right."

The young lady then ran after Yangyang as we stood there, not sure what to do. The woman had brown wavy hair with blonde highlights till her shoulders and wore a casual emerald green dress that flowed down till her knees. She was from our neighborhood, the lady who flowered her plants while singing.

"I already knew this was a bad idea, but stopping Yangyang from doing what he wants is hard," Hendery crossed his arms.

"It's okay, I thought it was fun," I said. "Other than the fact that we might get in trouble."

A few minutes later, Yangyang returned with a frown on his face.

"I promise we weren't trying to steal the wallet!" The lady raised an eyebrow at Yangyang.

"You found an unknown wallet, right?" Yangyang nodded. "What were you going to do with it?"

Silence filled the atmosphere as the trio nervously glanced at each other.

"We were going to split up the money between us," my quiet voice broke the silence.

"Well that's not the right thing to do," she stated. "If you find something that is not yours, you should not take it. If you are not sure who the owner of the object is, then you should turn it into the police station. Do you understand?" All of us nodded in sync at her lecture.

"Good. Now, I'll take this and turn it into the police station for you all," Yangyang placed the wallet in her hand. "It is getting dark, you guys should go home."

She smiled sweetly and walked away. Like we were told, we headed back home together. Yangyang kicked a rock on the way and mumbled something under his breath.

"We were so close," he spoke frustratedly.

"It's okay Yangyang," I patted his shoulder.

"Yangyang, whatever the flower lady said was right," Hendery stated. "Stealing is wrong."

Yangyang rolled his eyes and looked at me.

"What do you think?"

"Me?"

I didn't know what to say. I agreed with Hendery but I don't want Yangyang to be sad. I like seeing him smile. Yangyang sighed and continued walking.

"I thought what you were doing was fun." Not a lie, but not the entire truth.

"Anyways, are you guys excited for going back to school?" I changed the topic.

"School and excitement don't belong in the same sentence," Yangyang groaned. "I wish summer would never end "

"Well, think on the brighter side. At least we'll be switching into a better building," Hendery suggested and the other shrugged.

I was happy that summer would end soon. I'm not saying this because I'm bored. If school opens, I'll get to see a lot of my friends again. I really miss them.

|

|

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Hope you're liking the story so far :D

Do you guys ship any of the characters with each other? I would love to know your thoughts on the story so far!

Take care and stay safe!

Rei ♡