[ 𝟐𝟒 ]

My head rested well on Hendery's left shoulder. Tears fell from my eyes and stained his t-shirt, his tears doing the same. He wrapped his arms around me as we stood there in silence.

Life continued as usual around us. Flowers bloomed, dogs barked, people walked by. Yet our hearts felt distant and lonely.

Trio

noun

A set or group of three people or things.

And it felt like we just lost one.

"If we feel this much pain, imagine how Yangyang must be feeling," Hendery commented.

"Yeah."

"Well, spilling more tears isn't going to make Yangyang come back even though we wish he would." Hendery removed his hands from my back. " I'll drop you off home."

We headed back in silence until Hendery spoke up.

"Why did you go early in the morning?"

"No reason," I shrugged.

"Really?" Hendery asked. "Did something happen between you and Yangyang?"

I shook my head and replied, "No, why do you ask?"

"Well," Hendery said. "I just thought that maybe you guys talked and he had something more to say to you. Didn't you notice that Yangyang looked back at you?"

He did? When?

Gosh I feel so bad for not noticing that...

I lowered my head and faced the ground.

"Hey, hey, hey, don't feel bad!" Hendery reassured. "I'm sure he would've said it if he wanted to. It's Yangyang after all, he doesn't hesitate to speak his mind."

I nodded and said, "Yea, I guess."

But what made you stop from saying what you were going to say?

The atmosphere went silent once again

"So, are you going to tell me what happened?" Hendery asked.

I stopped walking and looked Hendery in the eye. Mine were almost going to release tears again.

"S-Sorry, I didn't mean — I mean you don't have to — I'm not forcing you to," Hendery stuttered. "I just thought that you were sad and I wasn't sure why."

I inhaled a deep breath and let it out. Maintaining eye contact with each other, many thoughts ran through my head.

"Can I tell you something, Hendery?"