[ 𝟔 ]

"I can't believe, we're finally back," I joyfully strolled and felt as if I was walking on the air. "I'll finally get to see all my friends again!"

"There's Jiayi, the one who loves books. Any type of books, even school textbooks! Then there's the sporty twins, Shuhua and Chunhua. Did you know Chunhua used to be the captain of the basketball team?" Yangyang looked at me attentively. Hendery was busy looking at the sky. "Oh, I can't forget my best friend! Her name is Lijuan. We both love to make bracelets!"

"You like to make bracelets?" Yangyang asked.

"Yes! Speaking of Lijuan, we made bracelets for each other last year. Here, I'm wearing it right now." I pulled up the sleeve of my brand new navy blue and white school uniform and showed him a sky blue bracelet.

"Wow, that looks cool." I smiled in return. "You must really miss your friends a lot. Did you not hang out with them over the summer?"

I shook my head in disappointment and explained how they were all at different locations for vacation.

"Same, my friends from my soccer team all went on vacation to different places. But thanks to that, Yangyang and I got closer." Hendery spoke. "We've known each other for almost a year now, I'm his first and closest friend." Yangyang nodded in approval.

"Looks like we're here at last." Our eyes shifted forward to a huge cinnamon-brown structure with transparent windows lined up perfectly. Kids chatted around us as they entered the building, signifying the start of a new year.

Time passed by as the sun rose higher in the sky. Classes went by, and to my surprise, I shared some with Yangyang and Hendery. Today morning's conversation was still stuck in my head. It was surprising that Yangyang actually paid attention to what I was saying. He even asked me a question about what I spoke. I remember reading somewhere that when people asked follow-up questions that they were actually interested in what the person was talking about.

A light shade of pink appeared on my cheeks as I stared at my reflection in the bathroom mirror.

Maybe Yangyang likes me. Maybe that's why he listened to me. He even recognized how I felt. Maybe he likes me back.

I shook my head and hurried outside in denial of the thought. However, somewhere deep in my heart, I realized that I had a crush on Yangyang and that he might be feeling the same way.

Grabbing my lunch, I scanned the room for any of my friends. Luckily, I spotted a blonde-haired girl sitting with a bunch of people. Even if she had changed her hair color, I could still recognize my best friend's petite face.

"Lijuan!" I exclaimed. "Long time no see!"

She turned around and I waved at her. Lijuan's friends glanced at me and went back to her. I sat down and wrapped my arms around Lijuan but she didn't hug me back.

"Oh, you can't sit here," one of Lijuan's friends frowned at me. "This spot is only for cool kids."