Reading everyone's thoughts for a month -W.M

Start from the beginning

The smile on her face was bright while he complimented her, so bright it could light up the whole building in case of a power shortage. 

I remember that I completely lost sight of what was happening around me, not caring for the guys and their funny way of messing with each other. I was focused solemnly on Wanda and how happy she looked after she was done with the whole dish. She looked so proud of herself. 

She was so captivating that I could not stop admiring her, no matter how much I tried to shift my attention. She had this alluring aura around her that kept pulling me. 

I started falling for her the second I met her and no matter how much I tried to stop, her charm and kind ways drew me more into her. It was a loss war between me and my feelings. 

She never noticed though. Or she did but chose not to pay me any attention or say anything that could possibly crush my soul. 

Considering everything, she still treated me normal and never made things weird. 

We were friends. Just friends.

So I shoved my fondness and affection deep inside and pretended to not to be in love with the redhead any time she spoke with me.

It was easier said than done, but considering that she didn't say anything yet, it means that I'm doing a good job.

When we were finally allowed to go our separate ways, I got back to my room and decided to continue playing the game that I was so invested in.

Yeah, superheroes play games as well. We are normal people at the end of the day.

A knock on the door interrupted my gameplay after a few hours. 

"Yeah?" I call out without moving a muscle.

"It's Wanda, can I come in?" The sweetest voice possible asked.

"Yeah." I said louder before turning around with my chair when she entered my room. "How can I help you?" I ask.

"I was bored and decided to make it your problem." She said it cheekily.

"Okay then, how can I entertain you?" I ask.

That sounded so wrong. Get your mind out of the gutter Emma...

"What were you doing before I came here?" She asked not responding to what I asked.

"I was playing some game." I point to the computer still open with the game running. The menu screen showing.

"What game is that?" Wanda asked and got closer to me.

"Well, you have the main character that has those emphatic powers. She can sense what others are feeling and if the emotion is strong enough, she can read their thoughts and find out what is causing those strong feelings." I ramble.

"Okay, and what is she doing?" Wanda asked surprising me with how invested she is in the game.

"She visits her brother in the small town he lives in. And the first few minutes of the gameplay are chill and calm. But then her brother dies and she has to find out who is responsible for his death. It's one of those games where your decisions affect the gameplay later on." I explain to her when I see her paying me all of her attention. 

She often does that, I noticed. When she pays attention to something or someone, she'll give her whole interest in what is happening, not missing a bit no matter what was happening around her.

"Have you heard of the butterfly effect?" I ask. 

"No, what's that?" She asks confused.

"So pretty much, you have multiple choices, and each of them affects the game later on. Like, a game could have different endings, and depending on what you chose, you'll have an ending. If you chose another thing, you'll get a different one. You understand?" I ask.