₄.₁

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

"You're unfocused."

After falling for the fifth time that practice, you don't really have any incentive to argue. Groaning, you pull yourself off from the ground, silently cursing Jimin as he makes no move to help you up. In fact, he turns his nose up at you almost as though he were annoyed.

Well, excuse me for not being perfect.

"Yen, you're a dancer right?"

Surprised at the question, you turn to Jhope from where he sits at the front of the studio. He's the one choreographing this routine, and all the while he's been keeping a close eye on you and Jimin, making any tweaks and changes to the choreography if it turns out to be needed.

The plan is for you to have an appearance in Jimin's solo part during their introduction stage. Similar to their stage from MAMA 2019, they had been planning to showcase a comeback routine which tied all of their discography from the past and connected it with a taste of what the future had to hold. The first initial thought was to cameo you in their main stage, but after much discussion, your mentors, and Park Jiwon himself agreed that it would be more discreet for you to appear in one of the member introduction stages. Given that Jimin's introduction stage required a partner anyways, they unanimously agreed that you should take the role. This way, it'd be easier for you to execute. Plus, there's a smaller chance that ARMY would give you backlash.

Or at least, that's what they hope.

Shaking your head of the thought, you decide that it'd probably be a good idea to answer J-Hope's question.

"Well, I danced in a cover group back home...I wouldn't exactly call that being a dancer though." You explain, but as you look up at him you can already see him shaking his head in disagreement.

"It still counts."

"Strange..." Jimin pipes up, walking out from behind you as he twists the lid off of a water bottle. You can't help but compare him to a vulture what with the way he's circling you, his piercing eyes almost trying to pull you apart piece by piece in their speculation. "Your technique is fine, so are your expressions, but when you dance I can't feel anything. Not like when you sing."

At the diagnosis, you can feel a heavy thump of dread coursing through your veins. "What does that mean?"

Whatever he's talking about it can't be good. Isn't dance supposed to be the expression of emotion? Isn't it supposed to help people feel something? If you can't express what you need to through your dance...then what is it worth?

"You're missing the soulful element," Hoseok explains, confirming your suspicions. All this time, you had been dancing but you were missing the key element that would make a performance whole. "If you're going to be evaluated based on a dance routine, we need to fix that."