"Shut the fuck up." Harry hissed, eyes flaring with warning. Caleb nodded, looking pained as he rubbed his wounded appendage.

Harry glanced around, seeing no eavesdroppers, the closest person being Amelia who was speaking rapid Spanish into her cellphone.

"If Jones finds out, he'll kill me. And then he'll fire my dead body." Harry whisper-scowled, his voice as low as possible, trying to portray the danger he was in without giving himself away. For what it was worth, caleb had the grace to look apologetic, patting harry shoulder.

"Sorry, man. What happened today, anyway?"

"They found his base. Jones wanted us to crash in and apprehend him...but I might've stalled until he could get away. By fucking up the address."

"Oh my god, Harry." Caleb looked half-amused and half-exasperated, shaking his head.

"I know." Harry said, his lips tightening as he tried to find the comedy in the situation, desperate not to fall victim to the crushing depression threatening to take him over.

"Your life is hilarious." Caleb said at last, helpful as usual.

"Wow, thanks." Harry grumbled. "This is why I'm best friends with you. So you can save me with life-changing advice."

"You gonna see him tonight?" Caleb whispered conspiratorially, ignoring Harrys sarcasm as his brown eyes sparkled with unhinged glee. Caleb could never get enough of Harrys drama.

Despite his best efforts, Harrys cheeks tinged pink, and he nodded shortly, his stomach twisting with equal excitement and utter terror.

"Damn, curly, you're getting more action than I've ever had, and that's with a wanted man." 

"Shut up."

**

"You're really going through with this?"

Zayn stared at Louis through the van front-door window, his face drawn up pensively.

Louis scowled, disliking the power play of Zayns height, his best friend peering down at him from his seat in the weirdly over-sized vehicle, judging him blatantly.

"Yes." Louis said coldly, giving  his best scowl, unwilling to let Zayn win in the metaphorical game he'd made up in his head. "Also, fuck you."

"Okay, man, it's your funeral." Zayn relented, holding up two raised hands in defeat. Louis was tempted to punch him, but Zayn already had a black-and-blue mark on his face from a scuffle involving a stolen quarter and some other guy, and Louis wasn't in the mood of yet another bawl over nothing.

Also, he kind of owed Zayn if he was being honest.

"Drop me off by the spot, 'kay? And don't fucking ask questions."

Zayn nodded, unlocking the van doors and letting Louis in.

The blue-eyed thug jumped inside, clambering into the back seat and getting settled as Zayn started the van and drove off.

Louis' stomach churned with anticipation, his fingers knotting together as the minutes passed. He could never fight off the desperate need to see Harry, and honestly, he wasn't sure if he wanted to.

The brunette man was the only thing that kept Louis going these days, the fuel to his engine. Every touch, every kiss and every minute they shared was when Louis was happiest.