girl next door

josh x fem!reader

Being the new kid was humiliating, but hey at least it was summer and you wouldn't go in the middle of the year. That was almost 3 years ago and you were the new kid in middle school.

By now, you weren't known as the "new girl" anymore but by your name, Y/n. Better and very much improved.

You had the warm, naïve personality of a girl next door and coincidentally, you were the girl next door to Josh and Deena Johnson's house.

Your personality is what drew Josh in, he soon became head over heels in love with you, and you were oblivious, per usual.

"Hey y/n! Josh greeted you from the outside and you waved."hey Josh!"

"What's up? He asked you, and you flashed him a smile, that warm, caring smile made him all warm inside.

"I'm doing great now that winter break has arrived, you say."and you?" He rubbed the back of his neck nervously."Me too, actually." You could tell he was nervous, but because you had little to no experience with dudes, you brushed the thought off that he liked you romantically.

"You okay, Josh? You asked, concern in your voice. He softly smiled."I'm fine Y/n, don't worry." You sighed."I know, you just seem really nervous today, just wanted to make sure." He loved that you cared for others, and put strangers before yourself.

He had to tell you before it was too late, because there had to be others who liked you romantically, too. 

"Y/N! Wait!"

You turn around."Yes Josh?" He approached you, then pressed his lips against yours, kissing you, and you kissed back. You smiled."I thought you would never do that, Josh."