40 | The Bubble Who Vanished

"JUST STOP, PLEASE..." Jake whispered with trembling lips and shaking hands that're still entangled between the strands of his hair.

The petite structure of the bathroom stall matched the boy's physique, and that's making the lad more uncomfortable. What's worse is his head started to throb, as if someone's punching the back of his skull with a hammer.

"Go home. Please," the same voice whispers.

With that, Jake's thoughts started wandering all over the place but, this time, his heart took control. It felt enraged – furious at how deep her whispers affected him.

Hence, he stood from the toilet, slamming his hands on the walls of the stall. The toilet seat was pulled, but the lad's aching body took over. He felt like he was about to faint, for his head felt light headed. His sweat and tears slowly combined as they both rolled down his face.

The soul in front of him found this as a chance she can rarely have. She waited for this moment for years, because she's afraid of how it impacts the boy's health. Even so, she found this chance to go through Jake's body.

So, with a mother's warm yet numb touch, she embraced him – she embraced his soul whole-heartedly. That was enough for Jake's body to regain enough strength, in order for him to stand and balance himself.

Moments later, she started to feel his heart race, his thoughts ramble, and his head beat; but, she endured it. She had felt worse – worse pain, worst suffering, worst circumstances she hoped her children hadn't faced – so this was enough for her to handle.

Then, she attempted to make her move: Jake's posture straightened. His hands relaxed and his legs calmly stilled. His heart and mind did the same, but what his eyes saw shocked him.

As his hands reached for the stall's door, opening it momentarily, he saw Riley: smiling from ear to ear, tears escaping from her eyes, and a tiny hole just beside her heart...

And then he blinked. He didn't want to blink, but he did, and the canvas he earlier adored heartachingly disappeared – like a bubble who vanished, unconditionally.